This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2016 12:40 PM

Playstation and Xbox!!!

Posts 235
C M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2016 4:12 PM

alabama24:
Learn to bench press your laptop:

Funny! On a more serious note: Open the window, drink 64-oz of water (not all at once, but within a day), and then, run in place, duck walk around the room (or down the hall), do sit & push-ups with the Laptop. Let the children and/or the wife join you. They will have so much fun. Oh, needless to say, after you're rested (and freshed), pray for understanding and enjoy all that the Logos Bible Software has to offer. Oops, don't forget the 15-min breaks every 45 minutes. SmileBig SmileWink

Posts 235
C M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2016 4:31 PM

James Hiddle:
Playstation and Xbox!!!

James,

Come on, my brother, different subject, same lifestyle-- brainwork & some finger movements.

Hey, you may be on to something. Suggest to Bob to start a new division at Faithlife. Let the engineers develop Bible Games to be utilized by Playstation and Xbox. It could be preparation for the next generation of Logos users. It doesn't have to be just for kids. What about Pastors studying Greek/Hebrews, Bible History, Books of the Bible, etc.  Don't knock it. "You never know."

Posts 2705
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2016 4:47 PM

One of the reasons I went to Logos was the difficulty for me to deal with stacks of books. I have issues stemming from chemotherapy a few years ago. I do get up and out almost everyday and love the opportunity to minister from strength made perfect in my weakness.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 235
C M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2016 4:50 PM

Veli Voipio:
although currently snow covered

Veli, 

Get plenty of fresh air and get as much of the sunlight as you can. Hey, tell me, you're not obligated or required to shovel any snow? Shoveling snow is good exercise. However, be very careful of the amount you lift and the time spent outdoors. Check with your doctor for the condition of your heart.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2016 4:56 PM

Charles McNeil:
Large Library Users,

I can understand being concerned about the health of large library users.  Perhaps they should lose some weight so they won't be so large.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9556
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2016 5:20 PM

MJ. Smith:

I don't have a treadmill desk but I do have a stand up desk. I think that counts. Stick out tongue

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 235
C M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2016 5:34 PM

George Somsel:
Perhaps they should lose some weight so they won't be so large.

George, 

You have a point, but for some, it's easier said than done.

Weight is attached to some due to: Aging, lifestyle, poor-diet, lack of exercise, slow metabolism, lack of mobility, motivation, companionship, heart condition and/or a combination of the things listed. Regardless, we must get moving, while enjoying our Logos Library.

The truth of the matter is, exercise is just one part of getting the most out of life and how to enjoy a reasonable portion of health. They are

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS