Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2016 8:27 PM

Got my Free Book Big Smile

Posts 1686
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2016 8:38 PM

Floyd Johnson:
I had not heard of this promotion before:

https://faithlife.com/faithlife-free-book/activity

Thanks, Floyd

That's really different. It doesn't even get added to  my Order History like other free books do.

Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2016 9:35 PM

Allen Browne:

Floyd Johnson:

Thanks, Floyd

That's really different. It doesn't even get added to  my Order History like other free books do.

It is a temporary license until the end of the month, at which time it will be permanently unlocked. I'm thinking that will be the time that it will show up in the order history.

EDIT: You have to remain following the group in order for this to take place.

Posts 9558
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2016 9:50 PM

Add me to the list of people who have not heard of this before either. Thanks for sharing.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 245
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2016 4:24 AM

Thanks. Yes

Posts 1453
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2016 4:32 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Add me to the list of people who have not heard of this before either. Thanks for sharing.

+1 Thanks!

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2016 5:08 AM

DAL:

Will these freebies download every month or is it just a one time sign up freebie?

DAL

When the initial announcement went out, Faithlife will be sending these out as a temporary license each month to those who "follow" the page. Once that month is over the resource license is changed from temporary to permanent. I have followed the page since the beginning and they have automatically shown in my library each month as described above.     

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2016 6:33 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Likewise - many thanks!

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 1803
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2016 7:02 AM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
It is a temporary license until the end of the month, at which time it will be permanently unlocked

Where do I look to find "Temporary License"?   Confused

The resource downloaded but how do I find out what type of licence it is? Hmm

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2016 7:17 AM

Tom:
Where do I look to find "Temporary License"?

In Library right click on on of the column headers and select License.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8005
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2016 7:34 AM

John Kight:

DAL:

Will these freebies download every month or is it just a one time sign up freebie?

DAL

When the initial announcement went out, Faithlife will be sending these out as a temporary license each month to those who "follow" the page. Once that month is over the resource license is changed from temporary to permanent. I have followed the page since the beginning and they have automatically shown in my library each month as described above.     

thanks for your reply John Knight.  Strange way of doing this but I don't care a freebie is a freebie :)

Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2016 8:01 AM

Tom:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
It is a temporary license until the end of the month, at which time it will be permanently unlocked

Where do I look to find "Temporary License"?   Confused

The resource downloaded but how do I find out what type of licence it is? Hmm

Hi Tom;

Mark has replied with the answer. Hopefully, in the future, we will be able to see this information on the book description page.

Posts 1803
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2016 10:04 AM

Mark Smith:

Tom:
Where do I look to find "Temporary License"?

In Library right click on on of the column headers and select License.

Thanks, I knew I saw it somewhere. Surprise

I forgot how to find all of the extra columns I never (almost never) want to see. Big Smile

Posts 1803
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2016 10:05 AM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
Hopefully, in the future, we will be able to see this information on the book description page.

That would be nice, Yes  Thank, Tom

Posts 3733
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2016 10:54 AM

Floyd Johnson:

Me either. Thank you, Floyd, & thank you, FL!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 2706
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2016 9:31 PM

Nice extra, very happy to get the earlier NIC volume for this month. Thanks for the notice.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 121
DBR | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2016 5:15 AM

I didn't know about this either, but I found that I was already a follower and must have been since the beginning since I had all the books shown and didn't purchase any of not. Not sure how that happened, but I am glad to be a part.

Posts 635
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2016 10:28 AM

David Ruley:

I didn't know about this either, but I found that I was already a follower and must have been since the beginning since I had all the books shown and didn't purchase any of not. Not sure how that happened, but I am glad to be a part.

Hi David,

I noticed the same thing. The only thing I can think of is that I vaguely remember joining a FL group a while ago that was called "Free Commentary of the Month" or something like that. I can't find any record of it in my email, but for some reason I feel like maybe that was the original name of the group (or something like that) that I joined and then they changed the name of it.

I also recognize that I could easily be mistaken as well.

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2016 10:47 AM

Tom Reynolds:
I see that the license is only temporary for the month and then it becomes permanent... Seems a strange way to do it but a free book IS a free book.

Is it free only for the month or after the month is it revoked?

Also anyone have any idea why we have the following generic cover rather than the proper cover?

-Dan

Posts 1819
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2016 11:11 AM

Dan Francis:
Is it free only for the month or after the month is it revoked?

In previous months, the book license becomes permanent when the month ends. Also, you will get an email telling you that you purchased the resource for $0. Don't forget that you joined the group or the email will have you scratching your head!

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS