Strack & Billerbeck - an appeal

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 6
Chuck G. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2016 2:21 PM
The index began as a project for a class at Dallas Seminary, "Rabbinical Understanding of the NT" with Dr. Allen Ross. Since I don't read German, it was a very simple project, visually scan through S&B, to find the NT references, which were quite obvious. We noted the tractate being discussed and recorded the pairing on our chart. For any given pairing, the connection could be a point of grammar, or wording issue. Of course, the most valuable for the average student would be the thematic connections and backgrounds that help understand the NT. Unfortunately, we did not annotate the nature of the connection of each pairing in the index. If I were to do it over, that would have improved the usefulness of the index. If anyone would like a copy, I can make photo-copies of the book (I own the copyright), and send it for cost.
Posts 26858
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2016 4:19 PM

Thank you for the offer. I'll take you up on it when I finish a current project. The last thing I need is another distraction/procrastination help.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3111
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2016 7:16 PM

ChuckG:
(I own the copyright)

Might you have the appropriate rights to see if Faithlife wanted to produce an edition of it?

Posts 6
Chuck G. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2016 3:01 AM

Yes I own the rights,but I'm not sure if I have the bandwidth in the near future to follow up with Faithlife. I'll let the idea simmer a bit.

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2016 1:51 PM

Just a little weekly reminder . . . Would LOVE to have this standard reference set in the Logos Library! It would be a great asset! Let's do this!

Posts 9098
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2016 8:14 AM

Jerry Smith:

Just a little weekly reminder . . . Would LOVE to have this standard reference set in the Logos Library! It would be a great asset! Let's do this!

Thanks for the bump.

FL wants to produce the English translation of this valuable resource  It will take quite a few more of us signing up for the pre-pub for this to happen. Give it a look.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1435
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2016 10:20 AM

Just wondering, does FL have a mechanism to advertise this pre-pub to all users?

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 55
LogosEmployee
Jesse Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2016 3:37 PM

Just a quick note to say this project is on our minds and we will be working soon on rallying some attention to help let others know about it and to get it funded. I'm hopeful we can get it there!

Posts 9098
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2016 6:26 PM

Jesse Myers:
Just a quick note to say this project is on our minds and we will be working soon on rallying some attention to help let others know about it and to get it funded. I'm hopeful we can get it there!

That's good to hear.

One question that will come up is how much back-linking will FL do on this resource. I hope when you promote this there will be some information about which works FL will go back and tag for S-B. That is where most of the value of this resource is for Logos users.

I look forward to seeing this get into production.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS