Converting minority language bibles into Logos from YouVersion?

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 481
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2016 1:01 AM

David Roberts:
 féadfaidh an grásta Dé a bheith in éineacht leat

May God's grace be with you too, David. 

Yes, it's great to have so many translations available, but how much better would it be to have them in our favourite Bible software too, especially if it is your own 'heart' language!

Rath Dé ort 

Posts 161
David Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2016 12:30 AM

John Duffy:

David Roberts:
 féadfaidh an grásta Dé a bheith in éineacht leat

May God's grace be with you too, David. 

Yes, it's great to have so many translations available, but how much better would it be to have them in our favourite Bible software too, especially if it is your own 'heart' language!

Rath Dé ort 

Totally hear you on the heart languages thing. Years ago I found out that Celtic languages weren't just in Briton, but used to be in Asia minor.
The Galatians spoke a Celtic language. For us today, it would be a blast to go back in time and listen to them speaking ancient Celtic in the Church at Galatia. I found this quite interesting:
"In the 4th century St. Jerome (Hieronymus) wrote in a comment to Paul the Apostle's Epistle to the Galatians that "apart from the Greek language, which is spoken throughout the entire East, the Galatians have their own language, almost the same as the Treveri". The capital of the Treveri was Trier, where Jerome had settled briefly after studying in Rome)."
The Treveri link is fascinating.

Posts 481
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2016 12:34 PM

David Roberts:
Totally hear you on the heart languages thing. Years ago I found out that Celtic languages weren't just in Briton, but used to be in Asia minor.
The Galatians spoke a Celtic language. For us today, it would be a blast to go back in time and listen to them speaking ancient Celtic in the Church at Galatia. I found this quite interesting:
"In the 4th century St. Jerome (Hieronymus) wrote in a comment to Paul the Apostle's Epistle to the Galatians that "apart from the Greek language, which is spoken throughout the entire East, the Galatians have their own language, almost the same as the Treveri". The capital of the Treveri was Trier, where Jerome had settled briefly after studying in Rome)."
The Treveri link is fascinating.

Yeah, Celtic links to other people groups in Europe and even the Middle East are really interesting.  I think that we are all descended from people or people groups much further afield from where we live, in one way or another.  My main concern is from a mission or evangelism context, to have scriptures in Gaeilge easily available to those who love the language. It's great that we can access the Bible digitally so easily today, compared to decades or centuries ago. 

Posts 2686
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2016 1:16 PM

theres also: http://pacificbibles.org/

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 161
David Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2016 2:46 PM

John Duffy:
... My main concern is from a mission or evangelism context, to have scriptures in Gaeilge easily available to those who love the language. It's great that we can access the Bible digitally so easily today, compared to decades or centuries ago. 

Amen. We have so much to be grateful for.

Posts 161
David Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2016 2:46 PM

DominicM:

Thanks for the link!

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS