Highlights can't be found

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 120
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 10 2016 7:18 PM

1)  On my iPad I can go to Tools, choose Highlights, and all the resources pop up where I have HIGHLIGHTED something. And I can pick the resource and scroll through them. WOW 

I can't find that ability to do that on my PC?

Posts 2066
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2016 8:13 PM

In the basic search panel click on the "all text" drop-down and select "search field" then check the highlights box and simply run a wildcard search on all  resources. 

Posts 23572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2016 11:31 PM

Reuben Helmuth:

In the basic search panel click on the "all text" drop-down and select "search field" then check the highlights box and simply run a wildcard search on all  resources. 

This will work but will take a very long time to run (general wildcard searches are "resource expensive")

The specific highlight search using {} will be much more efficient

You can use this technique for individual resources

or by using an inline search within a resource

For options associated with this type of highlight search please see the entry in the Logos 6 help file

Posts 120
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2016 7:58 AM

That's strange Graham - when I enter what you show (thank you) I get the word "Highlight" wherever it is? 

Posts 23572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2016 8:03 AM

Rick Ratzlaff:
when I enter what you show (thank you) I get the word "Highlight" wherever it is? 

Sorry Rick but I don't quite understand. Are you able to post a screenshot (using the paperclip icon) showing this?

Posts 1827
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2016 8:12 AM

Rick Ratzlaff:
That's strange Graham - when I enter what you show (thank you) I get the word "Highlight" wherever it is? 

It sounds like you forgot to include the curly brackets (or used the wrong kind of brackets)—they are important to the search: {Highlight *}

Posts 120
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2016 8:14 AM

Graham you are so faithful to this HELP line. Thank you. That time it worked. 

I notice that only Yellow highlights show up? Haven't checked maybe they all show up yellow under "Highlights". 

Posts 23572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2016 8:16 AM

Rick Ratzlaff:
I notice that only Yellow highlights show up? Haven't checked maybe they all show up yellow under "Highlights". 

In my screenshots above you can see that a "regular" search shows yellow "highlights". An "inline" search shows the actual highlights you used.

Posts 120
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2016 8:53 AM

0083.2016-01-11_9-49-43.pdf

Does this work? The insert I mean. 

Posts 120
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2016 9:05 AM

Vowalla - I think I'll keep searching for the rest of the day. Pretty cool. Thanks guys. 

Posts 239
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2016 9:44 AM

Graham, this is a real nice tip.  Thanks for this, and all the other assistance you've rendered via the forums over the years. 

Posts 23572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2016 10:12 AM

Rick Ratzlaff:

0083.2016-01-11_9-49-43.pdf

Does this work? The insert I mean. 

Yes - to the extent that I can click on it and open it.

Its better to use image files (JPEG / PNG) and then they can be seen directly within the reply itself

Posts 23572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2016 10:13 AM

Brian Losabia:

Graham, this is a real nice tip.  Thanks for this, and all the other assistance you've rendered via the forums over the years. 

You're very welcome.

Thank you for your encouragement.Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS