Ipod Touch questions

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18
Luke | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 21 2010 3:28 PM

I am thinking about getting an ipod touch but don't know how many gigs to get.  On my current 64gb video ipod I only have about 8gb of stuff on it. 

If I get an ipod touch I would want to put all 8gb of my current stuff, and all of my platinum library currently available on the touch.  At work I won't have a hot spot so I would have to use it offline. So here are my questions.

1.  When I am at home with wifi, could i download my library (that is currently available for iphone/touch) to my touch for offline use?

2.  If so, approx how many gb's would that require.  In addition to platinum i have macarthur life works and essential IVP 3.0.

Thanks,

Luke

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 5:34 PM

Luke, 

Although I don't understand a lot about GB, I do know that 8GB can fill up quickly. My 8GB iPod Touch contains several books downloaded from Amazon, using the Kindle app, about 100 songs, several apps, 8-20 video podcasts and some pictures.  My iPod crashed a few weeks ago and I had to reload everything from scratch. It was at this point when I realized that I've used well over 7GB which caused the crash. I never thought I'd surpass 4GB. So, although others might not agree, I strongly encourage you to purchase a larger format, at least the 16GB. 

I'm thankful to have learned more about the capacity of my iPod. I'm certainly going to purchase an iPad and, based on my recent experience, I know that I'll probably purchase the 32GB model instead of the 16GB that I originally intended to purchase. 

Make sure to check the size of the Platinum library as that information might assist you in making a determination regarding size. 

Blessings!

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 149
David A. Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 5:39 PM

Luke I am in the process of downloading my entire library onto my iPod Touch, and will post it when I am finished.  So far I have only had a couple that would not download.

DP

<><

Posts 255
Pat Flanakin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 10:51 AM

I got the 64GB.  I think the Touch is really a good version now to last a few years, so you likely will benefit by getting the largest GB you can afford for now.  You just do not know what will come down the pipe that you would want on there.

Posts 255
Pat Flanakin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 10:52 AM

David, how are you putting resources on the Touch (I assume you mean to use without being on wifi)?  I have a Touch and would love to have my resources on there.

Posts 2977
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 1:12 PM

Here is a blog post with a video showing you how to add resources for offline access: http://blog.logos.com/archives/2010/01/offline_reading_with_logos_iphone_app_version_122.html

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 255
Pat Flanakin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 3:45 PM

Thank you Jacob.  That does the trick.

Posts 149
David A. Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 5:59 PM

A little more than half of my Library loaded and I am at around 3.57 GB plus 1.59 GB for apps (and I have only standard iPod apps on). 

Also working on list of books that are unable to be downloaded and will send that when able (inbetween homework)

In Christ,

DP

Posts 255
Pat Flanakin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 6:34 PM

I wish the Nelson Study Bible was on iTouch...this is one resource I utilize more than any other.  I will keep checking.  I purchased it already.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS