Page 4 of 4 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 65 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 3834
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2016 7:40 AM

Lew Worthington:

Francis:

Feedback on this sale: Encore! Encore!

Indeed! If this sale popped up occasionally, I would probably get a few volumes every time.

while they don't necessarily drop to 19.99--nor ALL at once--every monthly sale seems to offer a couple of the AY works at a pretty good discount.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3834
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2016 7:41 AM

thanks for weighing in, every body--nice to hear what you got.  enjoy!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 2836
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2016 8:02 AM

This is a great sale by Logos.  I first bought the apocryphal books since my library is weak in this area: 

Tobit, Judith, the Wisdom of Solomon, The Wisdom of Ben Sira, I Maccabees, II Maccabees, and The Additions to Daniel, Esther, and Jeremiah.

Then I bought the volumes on Leviticus, II Samuel, Proverbs 1-9, Ecclesiastes, Hosea, Jonah, Haggai and Zechariah, Malachi, and James.

Spent more than I should have spent, of course.  Would sure like to see this sale again in the not so distant future to add a few more.

I almost bought the entire set for $750 in another Bible program, but my strong preference to have it in Logos kept me from pulling the trigger before it went off sale.  Things probably worked for the best.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2016 10:50 AM

I was inspired by everyone's comments on Milgrom's commentary on Leviticus in another thread so I went ahead and got that 3-volume work as well.  Looking forward to using it.

Posts 416
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2016 12:02 PM

I did the Deuterocanonical books (as my collection is weakest in those), and the NT commentaries by Brown, Fitzmyer and Johnson, with Philippians and Hebrews thrown in for good measure. I, too, may have spent a little more than I should have, but I'm sure that it will be worth it! 

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2016 4:39 PM

Michael Childs:
I almost bought the entire set for $750 in another Bible program, but my strong preference to have it in Logos kept me from pulling the trigger before it went off sale.  Things probably worked for the best.

Patience and self-control ...

I am persuaded that the volumes on Leviticus will prove to be worthwhile. Thanks to all who contributed to the discussion about Jacob Milgrom’s commentaries in another thread.

I also purchased the two volumes on the Gospel of John by Raymond E. Brown. I hope they provide value for the expense.

I think your plan to purchase the volumes covering the larger canon makes sense. I am to unfamiliar with the scholarship in this area myself to risk the expense even at the reduced price point. Hope to see a similar sale again.

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Page 4 of 4 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS