Suggestion: Fix Book Info Pop-Ups in the Library

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 268
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 22 2010 10:10 AM
  • Suggestion:  Please change they way Book Info pop-ups work when looking in the Library.  Make it so that you only get a Book Info pop-up when you hover your mouse cursor over the book icon on the left.

The problem is that no matter where your mouse cursor is, when you're in the Library, you get these annoying Book Info pop-ups. 

It is overkill to have Book Info pop-ups everywhere and anywhere that you rest your mouse cursor in the Library.  Plus the system is working overtime to create these pop-ups.  

It would be much less annoying and less taxing on the system if Book Info pop-ups only happened when you hover your mouse cursor over the book icon on the left hand side of the library.

Posts 37
David Lowther | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 10:13 AM

+1

Posts 268
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 1:43 AM

Logos,

If you want to speed up Logos 4 - (improve it's performance) - there are several areas of the program that you could either change the way some of the graphics work - like in the Library - or eliminate the graphics altogether.  This would speed up L4's performance when using those areas of the program, and increase customer satisfaction.

In the Library you could make the book cover pop-ups show up only if you hover your mouse over the book cover on the left hand side of the Library, instead of having them pop up wherever your mouse cursor is - all over the Library.  All of those pop ups are annoying and they tax L4's performance when in the Library.

Another area is in drop down menu's.  There is absolutely no need whatsoever for having graphics like book cover graphics in small drop down menu's in L4 (4.0b beta 12)  Example:  The Parallel Resources drop down menu's.

Just a thought.

Posts 3765
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 2:07 AM

Stein, I ALMOST started to agree . . . but then I remember that I actually use the pop-ups in the way you want eliminated, when I am trying to remember quickly what the CG:VRIP (made-up) stands for, etc.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 12
Steve Wratt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 3:38 AM

I agree! Perhaps the 'i' button on the Library dropdown, which currently allows you to permanently toggle display of the book information, could provide another option as Stein suggests to just popup when the icon itself is hovered over.

In fact this is what happens when you hover over a tab in 'regular' windows - that works for me.

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 2:42 PM

You might consider placing this suggestion on http://logos.uservoice.com/

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS