Community Pricing books on Typology and Hermeneutics almost at 80% of Production Cost

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 242
Colin | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 26 2016 11:09 AM

This post is about the Patrick Fairbairn 9-volume collection: 

https://www.logos.com/product/38317/patrick-fairbairn-collection 

I am hoping to bring it to the attention of more people through this forum post.   

One of the best available resources on typology is 'The Typology of Scripture' by Patrick Fairbairn. I painstakingly worked my way through this book and benefitted richly from it. Logos functionality (including the ability to search within the text and the mouse-over Scripture citations) will make this book even more useful and easily accessible. 

Fairbairn's book on typology (comprised of 2 volumes) as well as being a standard reference in its time, remains one of the most thorough treatments of typology available.

His Hermeneutical Manual is also part of this collection. It includes a treatment of one of the most important subjects in biblical interpretation today - the New Testament's use of the Old Testament.  

I recommend these resources to you.

Colin

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 12:43 PM

I have my bid in on this collection.

Until such time that it becomes available, you can make a PBB out of this version of Typology that a forum member and I contributed back in 2012.

Posts 242
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 12:30 AM

Thanks very much Bill. This will be my first PBB! I'll finally see what they can do. 

Colin

Posts 85
Anthony Keating | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 2:53 AM

Thanks Bill, I have appreciated Fairbairn for many years now.

Posts 85
Anthony Keating | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 2:55 AM

Dear Colin,

Just put in my bid, I really hope others do likewise.

Posts 242
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2016 10:20 AM

Hi Bill, 

Just wanted to let you know I've built the PB and begun to use it in logos - very impressive! I had no idea Personal Books could have so much functionality.

Still, I'm hoping for this entire series on Logos so my bid stands. Thanks for joining me Anthony!

Colin.  

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2016 7:40 PM

Colin Burcombe:

Hi Bill, 

Just wanted to let you know I've built the PB and begun to use it in logos - very impressive! I had no idea Personal Books could have so much functionality.

Still, I'm hoping for this entire series on Logos so my bid stands. Thanks for joining me Anthony!

Colin.  

Thanks, Colin. The quality of PBBs depend on how much time you spend on them. In the case of Typology, there was editing of digital files to make sure the copy was clean, then some Greek and Hebrew fonts to add, and tagging of verses and page numbers. Jeremy K. added work to it that improved on the final result. I'm sure additional tagging will be done to the paid Logos versions, which is why I have a bid in on them.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS