3 Day Sale

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 993
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 26 2016 11:43 AM

Nothing that interested me this time, but let's hope it's a sign of more online promotions to come with a trimmed down sales department.

https://www.logos.com/3-day-sale 

Posts 13374
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 1:32 PM

Well spotted — that's an excellent sale because it's mostly discounting things that are already discounted. I don't think I've seen bundles discounted before, especially by 40%.

Posts 2216
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 1:50 PM

These sales allow for filling in some gaps in our libraries as it relates to the various Logos Feature sets. Some of the sets overlap, so purchase separately to make sure you get the overall best price.

Posts 3154
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 1:52 PM

This is a well-constructed sale.There is a wide variety of resources and collections divided into clearly-defined sections, each book or collection in any particular section is discounted by the same amount, that amount is always real (25-50%), and the higher discounts are not limited to just one or two offerings.

Posts 197
Stephen Terlizzi | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 2:02 PM

For 2016, I have created a daily reading plan for DA Carson's "For the Love of God" that matches the daily M'Cheyne Reading plan. It has been a rewarding approach to the Bible. Carson's devotional is included in this sale.

Agape,

Steve

Posts 9110
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 2:02 PM

Many thanks, Paul. There are a few that look like they'd be useful and the prices are outstanding. Much appreciated.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1577
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 4:45 PM

It is a good sale, but I do not see anything that interests me here. Am very happy for those who do.

Posts 2093
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 6:29 PM

There is a LOT of GOOD stuff there.  Worth some perusing.

The challenge is to sift through all that to see what I already have.  Wish bundles had "New To You"  I would almost certainly buy some.

Posts 296
Bruce Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 7:12 PM

Gao Lu:

The challenge is to sift through all that to see what I already have.  Wish bundles had "New To You"  I would almost certainly buy some.

I believe that if you scroll down to the bottom of the page of the bundles you will see a section titled "More details about these resources"  click the "Show More" to see the entire collection.  Those items that have a large dot preceding them are ones that you don't have.

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 7:15 PM

Gao Lu:

Scroll down to the bottom above the review section below "More details about these resources" and you can see what you don't have

Posts 906
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 7:35 PM

I picked up "Linguistic Analysis of Biblical Hebrew" for less than $4, as the only book I lacked in the Biblical Hebrew set. Quite a nice deal for what looks like a really interesting book.

Posts 2378
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 9:28 PM

Some bundles seem to lack dynamic pricing, such as the Francis Chan bundle. Sad

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 9019
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 4:28 AM

This does look like a good sale that is worth considering. Thanks for those who have shared specific books that appreciated picking up. I'm going to have to carefully consider the bundle sales as 40% off them is excellent. With the Canadian dollar now 30% below the US dollar sales have to be pretty significant to make them worth while.

If anyone else sees any gems please let us know here.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2216
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 6:34 AM

Hi Bruce,

I think a lot depends on what one already has in their library. The Revised ISBE is a resource I have wanted mostly due to the way it is tied to the Timeline. It is regularly $129. My dynamic price for the Factbook Collection was $33 and I also got a few additional resources.

The Ancient Literature Section of the PG links to OTP and POT (pseudipigripha of the OT). I had the POT, but not the OTP. It is regularly $119. I was able to get it along with the Encyclopedia of Judaism (regularly $359) and several other important resources for $133 from the Cultural Concepts Collection.

Both of these were finally priced at a point I could justify the expense for the additional linking provided from Logos Features. These same two important resources were available in other feature collections, but the additional resources in these two packages were what allowed me to decide on the best collection for me to purchase. Now if I go back to other collections that have similar resources they are dynamically priced if I want to buy additional collections before the sale ends.

The bundles are priced similar to base packages in terms of cost per resource. They are a great value, but more difficult to evaluate as you need to open the link for each resource that is not currently owned. I already owned the XL Bundles for Background and Jewish Studies. I really enjoy many of the resources in these bundles and recommend them especially for Background and Cultural studies.

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 6:49 AM

Jan Krohn:

Some bundles seem to lack dynamic pricing, such as the Francis Chan bundle. Sad

And the B&H Pastoral Ministry Collection doesn't have dynamic pricing either...

Posts 69
LogosEmployee
Derek Fekkes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 9:07 AM

Dynamic pricing should now be working for both the Francis Chan Collection and the B&H Pastoral Ministry Collection. Sorry about that. 

Posts 169
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:39 AM

What do you guys think about the Factbook Collection vs the Timeline Collection:

I want one of them to get IBSE.  

https://www.logos.com/product/49827/factbook-collection

New to me:

• Books of the Bible Made Easy$4.95
  • Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible$40.95
  • International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (ISBE) (1979–1995) (4 vols.)$129.95
  • The Bible Reader's Companion$35.95The Outline Bible$20.95
  • The Tyndale Bible Dictionary$26.95
  • The Tyndale Concise Bible Commentary$22.95
  • Theology of the Old Testament: Testimony, Dispute, Advocacy$29.95
  • Willmington's Bible Handbook$17.95

https://www.logos.com/product/55443/timeline-collection

New to me:

• A Catholic Dictionary$24.95
  • A Forgotten Revival$11.95
  • A History of the First Christians$39.95
  • Abolition!: Newton, The Ex-slave Trader, and Wilberforce, The Little Liberator$9.95
  • Anne Boleyn: One Short Life that Changed the English-Speaking World$11.95
  • Calvin and the Reformation$13.95
  • Chinese Whispers: The Gladys Aylward Story$8.95
  • Forgotten Heroes of Revival$6.95
  • From Prussia with Love$8.95
  • Gunpowder Treason and Plot: The Gruesome Story of Guy Fawkes$7.95
  • History of the Catholic Church: From the Apostolic Age to the Third Millennium$23.95
  • International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (ISBE) (1979–1995) (4 vols.)$129.95
  • James Montgomery: A Man for All People$11.95
  • John Rogers—Sealed with Blood: The Story of the First Protestant Martyr of Mary Tudor’s Reign$11.95
  • Missing, Believed Killed$11.95
  • The Tyndale Bible Dictionary$26.95
Posts 1190
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 12:01 PM

I think there are some pretty good deals here. Just wish they'd give these types of deep discounts on more Mobile Ed products more often. 

Thanks for sharing.

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 421
Scott S | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 12:22 PM

With the bundles, is there anyway to determine what books I already have - other than making a manual comparison?  There isn't a "what's new to you" display as with the base packages.  The dynamic pricing seems to be working because for one bundle my price is 87% off.

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 12:26 PM

Bruce Roth explains how in his post (above).

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS