Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 20
Brenton Jayatilaka | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 27 2016 8:24 PM

I'm hearing that you can only access certain features added to Logos Now if you have the Gold package. Can someone confirm this? I'm using Logos version 6.9 on a Mac and am between starter and bronze

Posts 27044
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 8:32 PM

Check https://www.logos.com/features#LogosNow from https://www.logos.com/now

I suspect that the thinking was that people with less than Gold were better off going with Logos Cloud.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 20
Brenton Jayatilaka | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 8:35 PM

MJ. Smith:

I have read this page. I think it would be helpful for Logos to let its users how many features translate only into Gold and above and what other features can be accessed by all. 

Posts 27044
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 8:43 PM

I suspect they expect one to glean that information from https://www.logos.com/comparison under datasets and interactives.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 27814
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 6:31 AM

Brenton Jayatilaka:

I have read this page. I think it would be helpful for Logos to let its users how many features translate only into Gold and above and what other features can be accessed by all. 

I don't think it is the case that ANY features are unavailable to users w/o gold... And yes, FL will need to respond. I'll see if I can track someone down. 

Here is how I interpret that language:

• The features availible within Logos may require specially tagged resources or datasets to function. Those are normally acquired via the purchase of a base package or cross grade. Forget Logos Now for a moment. To have access to ALL features in L6 you must have L6 gold OR a "feature cross grade." With those who had an L5 base package, a new purchase was required to have access to <some|many> of the new features. 
  • Going forward, FL would like users to subscribe to the Logos Now service to acquire access to NEW features. If you don't own L6 gold, you don't have some of the OLD features. 
  • Furthermore, even when users purchase a "feature cross grade," they will benefit from a LARGER library since there will be more resources to pull from (with features that pull from tagged resources). 

I think that is what is meant by having an "optimal experience." What does it mean for you? What do you own? Do you have any base packages? Which one(s)? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 20
Brenton Jayatilaka | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 6:51 AM

I agree. I don't interpret that language to mean that I have to have Gold to access certain features. I assumed that subscribing to Logos Now would give me features I don't currently have in my base package (no matter what it is) and receive the updates that are mentioned in their emails

Posts 27814
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 10:26 AM

Brenton Jayatilaka:

I agree. I don't interpret that language to mean that I have to have Gold to access certain features. I assumed that subscribing to Logos Now would give me features I don't currently have in my base package (no matter what it is) and receive the updates that are mentioned in their emails

FL is new at the subscription thing. The old model was that users would purchase base packages, which included licenses and datasets to power the new features. Moving forward, FL has stated that they will support the old model as long as (a sufficient number of) users still desire that path. Logos Now is the first attempt at moving towards the subscription model. Since 100% of users were on the "buy" model up to this point, Logos Now is obviously catered to those who have made purchases in the past. I think old datasets <should> be included in Logos Now, but to include them in an inexpensive subscription plan when people had just purchased the cross grade or base package would not have been a good PR move. At some point FL will need to figure out how to bring NEW users into the fold with the subscription model. I would guess that a LN subscription at the release of L7 will include previous datasets... but that is only a guess. 

Posts 10132
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 10:57 AM

alabama24:

Brenton Jayatilaka:

I don't think it is the case that ANY features are unavailable to users w/o gold...

I think I saw that other thread about the enhancement to Proverbs Explorer. If I understood correct, the old PE (covering the book of Proverbs) is part of base packages on the Gold level. Logos Now has an enhanced PE dataset that includes proverbs from other books of the bible and - if I read Jacob's post right - seems to work only for people who own the smaller dataset. I suspect Brenton referred to this in the OP, but I think it's the only example I ever read about.  

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 27814
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 11:02 AM

That would make sense. Thanks Mick. Smile

Posts 9018
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 12:26 PM

alabama24:
I think old datasets <should> be included in Logos Now, but to include them in an inexpensive subscription plan when people had just purchased the cross grade or base package would not have been a good PR move. At some point FL will need to figure out how to bring NEW users into the fold with the subscription model. I would guess that a LN subscription at the release of L7 will include previous datasets... but that is only a guess. 

It is interesting to speculate how things might develop in the future, in particular, how datasets might be handled with Logos Now after L7 is introduced.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1839
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 1:50 PM

We do plan to simplify and solve this with the next major version of Logos. I understand that this is confusing and not ideal. I'm sorry about that.

Posts 9018
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 2:17 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
We do plan to simplify and solve this with the next major version of Logos.

I was pretty confident that this would be the case but thanks for confirming. Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2016 6:15 AM

When Logos 6 was introduced, I [urchased the Extended Cross Upgrade. Are those datasets updated by Logos?

Posts 27044
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2016 8:16 AM

Gary Butner:
Are those datasets updated by Logos?

I believe the answer is "updated yes; extended not necessarily"

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS