SUGGESTION: ramp up the power of guides

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 28760
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 3 2016 10:09 AM

At the moment, if we add a collection section to a guide we are basically requesting a text search; if we add a commentary section to a guide we are basically requesting a Bible reference data type search. What if we could add a search section where we could define the search we were requesting e.g. we could request a headword search within a collection of dictionaries? We could easily create whole new forms of guides for study of figurative language, context, genres ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2016 10:55 AM

I think I like this idea,  but just to be clear: I'm envisioning going to the create a guide window,  seeing a section called "custom" and being given the same setup I would have for a search,  but with the text box prefilled with something like <GuideQuery>, and from there I can add search operators,  other conditions and set where to search,  etc. Is that what you have in mind? 

Posts 28760
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2016 11:03 AM

Yes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2016 11:08 AM

Yes

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2016 4:36 AM

Yes. Yes

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Posts 284
Roger Dittmar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2016 6:18 AM

Yes Yes

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS