March Madness 2016

Page 1 of 12 (229 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป
This post has 228 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 64
JFritschJr | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 4 2016 8:33 PM

March is coming, any info about doing March Madness this year?  If so, will the format be the same as previous years?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2016 9:29 PM

JFritschJr:

March is coming, any info about doing March Madness this year?  If so, will the format be the same as previous years?

I have no official info, just a thought: The format is based strictly on the basketball competition. It is unlikely to change.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9627
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 3:56 AM

Who do you think will win this year - Carson or Wright? Wink

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 927
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 4:17 AM

Maybe we could do publisher against publisher, or biblical book against biblical book (or perhaps that's slightly heretical in the eyes of some Smile ) or anything else against anything else.

I understand FL's predicament on this: It's a great concept, but among Logos users, our opinions won't change much from year to year. In the NCAA basketball tournament, teams get new players every year so likely outcomes will change radically every March.

Posts 8393
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 5:01 AM

Mobile Ed MM would be nice or commentary sets or something...I'm ready for MM2016 ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘

Posts 2371
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 6:16 AM

Some good suggestions, yet I also won't mind the same ol' same ol',  Fiscal wisdom decrees that I stretch out purchases, meaning that there are some favorite author's works that I would still like to have.  I'd also be really happy to see some NICNT/OT if there is any way.  Maybe some BECNT and EBC.

Posts 948
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 7:28 AM

I was just going to post this morning about MM.  While it sounds ungrateful, I hope that Logos listens to us this year and implements changes based on the past several years of unsatisfied customers.  I have found it harder and harder to get into it, and less and less interested.

My suggestions:

1. Remove last years winner, and possibly semi-finalists.

2.  Categories to consider competing against each other:  Classic Commentaries, Lifeworks of authors, commentary sets, journals, 

3.  Maybe do a vyrso bundle competition with the bundles used, similar to the 30 day sales.

4.  Be realistic in match ups.  Don't put Carson (if he is even in it) against Joe Nobody.

Posts 274
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 8:43 AM

I'm sort of hoping that they stick to the same format. The C. S. Lewis collection came out last year and I'm guessing he would make the cut (for the first time since he his books weren't previously on Logos). I'm hoping he then makes it far and I can pick up the collection at a nice price. Big Smile

Posts 64
JFritschJr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 9:13 AM

If it is the same it would be nice to see different names and winners. Bruce Waltke has been in it but not made it very far...so if he advanced or others who bowed out early that would be ok.

Posts 9526
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 9:46 AM

I agree with the feeling of stale-ness to the sale that others express. It does seem no matter how the bracketing is done, when it is author-versus-author the outcome has become predictable.

I wouldn't mind just 64 well-chosen books. Of course I should be the one to get to chose which books those are. Stick out tongue

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 948
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 10:30 AM

Mark Smith:

I wouldn't mind just 64 well-chosen books. Of course I should be the one to get to chose which books those are. Stick out tongue

I am very much in agreement here. That way we know what we are voting on.  I like this very much.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 10:52 AM

I can't imagine a company removing a previous winner. Or for that matter, any popular author.

The repetitiveness suggests Logos' customer base is expanding sufficient to support the same offering repeatly. If the forum were the market, we'd be doomed.

And if indeed the bulk of the Logos customer-base are low spenders, then their most attractive next purchase will be ... popular authors.

I'd suspect for freshness, you'd need special competitions ... eg catholic authors maybe ... theology books maybe ... like that.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 855
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 11:06 AM

One idea could be some of the Classic Commentary Sets. Sometimes there were so many new resources coming out all at once..

So, to have another chance to get some of these sets at fantastic prices would be great. This seems to be a win-win scenario. 

Posts 9627
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 11:50 AM

Denise:
If the forum were the market, we'd be doomed.

How true!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1678
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 12:10 PM

Denise:
If the forum were the market, we'd be doomed.

Maybe  a separate contest for the "forum addicts league"

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 905
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 12:37 PM

Is it just me, or did anyone else giggle at Everett saying:

Everett Headley:
against Joe Nobody.

and the very next post being by:

Average Joe:

kinda made my afternoon :)

"I read dead people..."

Posts 279
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 1:26 PM

Count me as one that is tired of the same type of emphasis - resulting in largely the same results every year. Put me in the camp of "64 well chosen books" and find some way to tie into the NCAA Tournament to make it fun.  The bottom line is sales based on good to great deals. Just get to the bottom line! 

Posts 56
Fred Robbins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 2:43 PM

I agree!!

Posts 64
JFritschJr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 6 2016 12:23 PM

There was something last year where before the sale we were able to vote on the authors chosen and even suggest others to be included.  Anyone remember that?

Posts 9526
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 6 2016 1:28 PM

JFritschJr:
There was something last year where before the sale we were able to vote on the authors chosen and even suggest others to be included.  Anyone remember that?

No I don't. But then that isn't too unusual for me these days.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 12 (229 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS