New type of media in Pro Media. Try it out!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 613
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 4 2016 9:44 PM

I added a couple new media items to Pro Media that you will find in the Media Browser. These pieces of media are not videos, nor are they images, but actually the same way we do On Screen Bible.

Using web technologies, we can create a piece of dynamic media that you can download to your computer, but unlike a video, you can change it!

If you search in the Media Browser for "Light Wall Squares" you will find a collection of media items, if you add the Content item to your presentation, you will notice two extra controls.

One says 'Amount', this will control the number of squares on the screen.
The other says 'Color (hue)', this is the color in degrees from 0-360.

Currently, you will only see the changes if you go to Preview mode, but stay tuned for future updates that will make the experience a whole lot better!

There is another new piece of media called "Silence Your Cell Phones". You will also find this in the Media Browser and it currently is just an animation, but demonstrates what we could do in the future! Imagine having a textField in Proclaim to change the caller that appears on the phone. Maybe to your favorite pastor?

All this will make more sense if you try it. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and how you might like to see this develop.

Jordan Sjodin

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 126
Jared Schwyhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 9:27 AM

Awesome!

Posts 306
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2016 4:55 PM

I glommed onto the cell phone right away. Nice improvement.

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2016 5:01 PM

Any requests you'd like to see Jared or Brendon?

Posts 306
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 8:53 AM

I am using the light wall this Sunday on one resting slide, but I noticed the available color range is quite bright. I would make more use of it if a gray/black pattern was available. My pastor prefers darker more subtle backgrounds.

Posts 306
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 9:41 AM

I just noticed something else with the Light Wall slide. I was in edit mode in my February 21, presentation, I clicked on the light wall slide (first slide after warm-up) in the order of service pane and the slide would not show in the edit panel. I got a white circle for a long time, I finally opened a different presentation and then opened Feb 21 again and then it popped up as I would expect. Then I went to the sanctuary computer, opened Feb 21, clicked on that slide and it has been circling for over 10 minutes.

Posts 613
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 9:50 AM

Hmm, that sounds odd. What do you mean by white circle? Is it downloading the media? Are you on Windows or Mac? Could you get me logs from the session that was taking forever: http://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203763785-How-do-I-submit-log-files-

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 306
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 10:17 AM

here ithe logs and screen shot, notice it was taken at 11:00 and the circle had been looping since 10:42.

1882.635910426669453547_Proclaim.log

5706.635911391815832138_Proclaim.log

6201.635912981184865856_Proclaim.log

2477.635913017435757414_Proclaim.log

3051.cef.log

81630.Proclaim.log

Posts 306
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 10:19 AM

Sorry, I'm on a PC, windows 10

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 11:28 AM

Thanks for the report. I've reproduced the issue and we're working to fix it.

Posts 126
Jared Schwyhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2016 2:30 PM

Finally got around to testing this stuff out!

The light was is great! I hope to see more of this in the future. I'm imagining different patterns and possibly color theme presets. 

Same with the phone content. It will be super nice when we can edit the text. Possibly have a drop zone for the call screen background. It would also be nice to be able to switch the style of the phone within the same content item. I'm imagining a dropdown with options such as: iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, and a couple of the more popular android phones. The user would select which phone and the text size and font change automatically. The background we put in the drop zone would adjust automatically as well.

These are great additions! Keep up the good work!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS