Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33475
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 5 2016 6:06 PM

Can you run Factbook on the person Cotton Mather? I can't.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 928
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 6:10 PM

I'm not sure what you mean. I can run it and get stuff back. Do you need to see my results?

Posts 33475
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 6:13 PM

No if you can get results that answers my question ... I suspect there is corruption in my record because when I select Cotton Mathers, I get results for the last Factbook entry run. Other records appear to work correctly. Thanks for testing.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9528
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 6:36 PM

I don't think it is just your computer. When I try to click on the first Cotton Mather I get the Factbook entry on Jesus. I am getting the same result with some other entries. Try the first John Cotton for example. Or Abraham Kuyper. They open up to Jesus. I'm sure we could find more.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 100
Kristine Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 6:45 PM

Mine opens Cotton Mather, has Works (by him), one Community Tag in Who's Who in Christian History, and 2 entries in See Also, and that's all.  When I Search for the Factbook provided term <Biography Cotton Mather> I get no library results (and I just bought the Factbook Collection on sale).

Posts 33475
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 6:53 PM

Thanks - I've converted this to a bug report as there is inconsistent behavior. I also had it moved to the beta forum as that is what I am running.

Posts 9528
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2016 8:23 PM

MJ. Smith:

I also had it moved to the beta forum as that is what I am running.

Same here.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 1:19 AM

I didn't notice your post, and found and reported the same bug: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/122717.aspx. As a workaround you can use the command box: factbook to Cotton Mather

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2016 11:51 AM

Mark Barnes:
I didn't notice your post, and found and reported the same bug: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/122717.aspx

Looks like this is no longer an issue in 6.10 Beta 2. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS