Putting my References into Logos 6

Page 2 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 49 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 33479
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 11:30 AM

The scan command (without the quotes) sets up the command to run the next time you start Logos. Enter it, restart Logos ... I'm not sure if it produces a message or if indexing starts and your resources appear without a message.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 29810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 11:32 AM

Scott Cox:
Mark. I reinstalled Logos to E:\Logos. MJ: I ran "Scan E:\Logos References" and nothing returned. I even tried it with quotes around the "E:\Logos References." Same result.

Let's try this again. It might help to make sure we use the right nomenclature. I assume that you are trying to say that you want to "put your RESOURCES into Logos 6," where "resources" means books, journals, etc. 

The "scan" method (from the wiki):

WIKI ARTICLE:

This method involves Indexing whilst avoiding the resource download.
Please read Before you Start carefully.
Note: Your Logos folder name could be \Logos, \Logos4 or \Logos5 depending on how you upgraded.

1. Backup the ...\Logos\Data\randomId\ResourceManager\Resources folder from a working installation to an external drive
  2. Install Logos/Verbum from the appropriate Setup link above.
    • if you want to install a beta version use the link from the Beta forum
    • select Custom installation and uncheck “Automatically Download Updates”
    • change the installation folder (eg. E:\, C:\Users\username) or leave as default
  3. Sign-in to Logos after the installation has finished
    • enter scan <path to your resources> in the Command box e.g. scan e:\resources
    • restart Logos  for versions prior to v6.3
    • Indexing should start and can take a considerable time to complete
    • Also allow time for your documents to sync

When you use the "scan" command, you will type scan e:\resources (no quotes) where "e:\resources" is the path you have stored your resource files. If your path is e:\windows\admin\smithfamily\personaldocs\logos you will type scan e:\windows\admin\smithfamily\personaldocs\logos.

Does that make sense? 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 29810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 11:34 AM

MJ. Smith:
The scan command (without the quotes) sets up the command to run the next time you start Logos.

I think this has changed in later builds of 6.x, but if you aren't seeing anything happen, a restart couldn't hurt. 

MJ. Smith:
I'm not sure if it produces a message or if indexing starts and your resources appear without a message.

When I used it last, I received no message (that I recall). 

Posts 33479
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 11:41 AM

alabama24:

MJ. Smith:
The scan command (without the quotes) sets up the command to run the next time you start Logos.

I think this has changed in later builds of 6.x, but if you aren't seeing anything happen, a restart couldn't hurt. 

Thanks for double checking me .. I hadn't updated my personal memory, obviously.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25
Scott Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 11:57 AM
alabama24: I installed logos to E:\Logos. My books are in E:\Logos Reference. I ran E:\Logos References in the toolbox window. I even restarted Logos. No books listed.
Posts 27055
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 12:27 PM

Enter the command without quotes. If valid you will see it listed under "Tools"

Hit Enter (or the right arrow symbol) to execure the command. After a period of discovery you should see resources in Library and indexing should commence.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 25
Scott Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 1:17 PM
That's exactly what I've done. I see that synchronization is enabled and all items are up to date, but nothing is listed. What am I missing?
Posts 25
Scott Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 2:00 PM
Here's another question. I did some searching for my old version on my old PC, Libronix, and this came up on the Logos site: "Upgrade to Logos 5! If you are using Libronix, your software is out of date. The latest version of the software is Logos 5. Logos 5 base packages are packed with new books and data—plus the latest features. Check out what upgrade discounts you qualify for!" I installed Logos 6. Would that matter?
Posts 33479
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 2:38 PM

No, Logos 6 works well with Logos 5 resources. However, if you are using Libronix resources there are a large number of them that will have updates ... expect some major downloads.

Posts 27055
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 5:46 PM

Scott Cox:
That's exactly what I've done. I see that synchronization is enabled and all items are up to date, but nothing is listed. What am I missing?

What is listed in e:\Logos References - how many files/folders. Are there files with *.logos4 names? or *.lbslem names (post a screenshot of contents)?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 5:37 AM

Scott Cox:
I have a solid state drive for C, so I'm not anxious to add a lot of data content to that expensive space, so I put storage intensive files elsewhere.

Personally have Logos installed on Solid State Disk (SSD), which noticeably improves application responsiveness.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 25
Here's a screen shot if I can get this to work...
Posts 25
Scott Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 6:25 AM
Can you all see this screen shot? I got an error message when I uploaded it. "Sorry, there was a problem with your last request! Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too. "
Posts 29810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 6:29 AM

Scott Cox:
Can you all see this screen shot?

No, but there was a link. I normally don't open those, but just for you... Smile Out of curiosity, were you using the paperclip icon to attach the image to the post? 

Posts 25
Scott Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 6:47 AM

I clicked on Reply and the only thing I saw was an option to upload a file, which I did.  I now see the paperclip.  Tiny in this little box they make me write in.  So, thoughts on my issue?  And thanks!!

Posts 29810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 8:00 AM

Scott Cox:

So, thoughts on my issue?

I have been "Mac only" for more than a decade. I <did> have some resources that go back as far as yours, but I did not resume with Logos until more recently when L4 had already been released. Oh how I wish I could prove it and to so regain access to the NIV84!

I don't know what the method will need to be for you to migrate to L6. If you had been using L4/L5, then your resourc licenses would have been on your cloud account with Faithlife and could have been automatically downloaded. It looks to me like all your files are in really old formats, so something special will need to be done. One of the other volunteers (or FL employee) will need to advise. 

Posts 29810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 8:05 AM

Scott Cox:
Mark: That's exactly what I did. I have a solid state drive for C, so I'm not anxious to add a lot of data content to that expensive space, so I put storage intensive files elsewhere. Are you saying that I can't relocate these off of C? Whose Idea was that??! Anyway, so what do I do? Thx.

I just saw this...

I don't know how much you use your bible software, or how large your SSD may be, but ideally you would WANT Logos to be on the SSD! It needs a fast drive to operate well... 

How large is your SSD? How large is your resource directory?

Posts 25
Scott Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 8:09 AM

Alabama24: I've already installed Logos to E:\.  I'll be happy just to get it working!   So my issue is licensing?  Do I call Logos?

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 8:24 AM

Scott Cox:

Alabama24: I've already installed Logos to E:\.  I'll be happy just to get it working!   So my issue is licensing?  Do I call Logos?

I might be mistaken, but did you do "syncing of licenses" (I am not sure of the name of the command) in your previous Libronix Library Software? Syncing of Licenses (if I remember right) synced all the licenses to your resources with the Logos servers. Without that it might be necessary to call Faithlife (Logos) Customer Service.

Bohuslav

Posts 25
Scott Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 8:52 AM

BW: I didn't do any syncing, not that i recall.  I can do that.  I still haven't cleared the old PC.  It was Libronix 3 I think.

Page 2 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS