Putting my References into Logos 6

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 49 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 10:51 AM

Scott Cox:

BW: I didn't do any syncing, not that i recall.  I can do that.  I still haven't cleared the old PC.  It was Libronix 3 I think.

From the following information in this thread it looks the way I suggested is no longer possible. You might follow the instruction in the thread for sending your license file with your email to the Customer Service.

Bohuslav

Posts 25
Scott Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 12:11 PM

I called support and he said they'd sync it by day's end.  Stand by.  Thanks to everyone for the help.  Just to be clear: Logos s/w and my books still need to be on the same drive?

Posts 29798
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 12:32 PM

Scott Cox:
Just to be clear: Logos s/w and my books still need to be on the same drive?

I'll let someone else tackle that. 

Scott Cox:
I called support and he said they'd sync it by day's end.

For clarification (at least as I understand it): Faithlife will add your resource licenses to your account. Since your files are very old, you will end up downloading new versions of your resources in a different file format. This will allow you to access (most of) these resources on your desktop, mobile and biblia.com

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 27039
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 12:35 PM

Scott Cox:
Just to be clear: Logos s/w and my books still need to be on the same drive?

Logos always installs itself into a single folder - which means that the software and your books are on the same drive.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 25
Scott Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 12:48 PM

Ok.  As long as they don't have to be in the same folder on the same drive....

Posts 29798
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 1:15 PM

Scott Cox:

Ok.  As long as they don't have to be in the same folder on the same drive....

... I fully admit that I don't understand windows... but doesn't your comment and Dave's contradict one another? He wrote: 

Dave Hooton:
Logos always installs itself into a single folder - which means that the software and your books are on the same drive.

So it does go into the "same folder" on the "same drive"... unless I really don't understand something (which is possible). 

On Mac (which is a different beast), by default the APP is installed in the applications folder, and the data files are stored in the user's OS X "user library" under "application support."

Posts 25
Scott Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 1:34 PM

Folders and drives are very different. 

You can have thousands of folders on a drive.  E:\ is a drive.  E:\Logos and E:\Logos Resources are two folders on that drive.  No one has suggested that the software and the books have to be in the same folder.

Posts 29798
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 1:55 PM
Scott Cox:
No one has suggested that the software and the books have to be in the same folder.
Then what is meant by Dave's comment that Logos installs itself into a SINGLE folder? I know that he doesn't mean that there aren't subfolders in the SINGLE folder, so wouldn't that imply that the resources and app are in the SAME (i.e. "single") folder? In any case, I will crawl back to my Mac hole now. Smile

Posts 25
Scott Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 2:12 PM

Hmmm.  I didn't look to see how Logos installed.  If they need to be together I can move my resources into wherever folder they need to be. in.

Posts 27039
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 8:34 PM

Ummm. With all the misunderstandings... if Logos is working then leave things as they are.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS