Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 305
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 7 2016 12:39 PM

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I was using the grid format during on-air and I was having trouble getting the preview to be the active window whenever I do something else. For example, I had an informational window pop-up that had nothing to do with proclaim or the current task, so I closed the window, but then my arrow keys would not work to advance slides. I clicked in various places on the screen, but nothing worked until I clicked on the advance slide arrow, which took me to the next slide, but even though I now know that I have to click there, to get the arrow keys to work, I may not always want to display the next slide at that instant. Is there anything else I can do to restore arrow key function? This also happens when I perform some function in another window, such as my recording software. 

Posts 140
LogosEmployee
Nick Ericson (Proclaim) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 12:45 PM

When another application becomes active it gets keyboard focus - all keystrokes will now go to that application. When another application window pops up and you close it it usually will not restore focus to Proclaim (it will now be focused to the desktop or somewhere else). You need to click somewhere within Proclaim for it to get focus again. If you click the bar at the top it should restore keyboard focus to Proclaim and the arrow keys should start working again (it did this on my Windows 10 machine). If you click within a text field within Proclaim then the arrow keys will move the cursor back and forth there and not advance slides.

Posts 305
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 10:57 AM

I clicked everywhere on the screen, and the only place that restored the arrow keys was if I click on the little blue advance slide arrow under the preview screen. Even if I clicked one of the other slides and made that the current slide, the arrow keys would still not work. Believe me, I clicked everywhere.

Posts 305
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2016 8:18 AM

Updated info. First I upgraded my computer to Win 10, and while testing to see if it made any difference, I noticed something. When on-air using the full preview format it works as you state, however, if you use the Grid Preview format it works like I state. The only way to make the keyboard arrow keys active again is by either clicking on one of the blue arrows or anywhere in the preview view of the current slide. In the screen clip the recording window was active, but no longer is active, clicking anywhere outside the recording window makes the proclaim window active. However, the keyboard arrow keys do not work until you click in one of the circled areas. X's don't work, O's do. But if you click on either of the little o's the current slide is also changed, in the preview window the current slide is not changed.

Posts 305
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2016 10:49 AM

Is there a chance someone could take a look at this? When I consciously make a different window the active window I don't have a problem getting back to proclaim, however when I accidentally change windows, it is quite disconcerting when suddenly the arrow keys don't work and I furiously start clicking everywhere on the screen, but the keyboard focus doesn't return. I should be able to click ANYWHERE in the proclaim window to get it back.

Thanks

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2016 11:01 AM

Brendon Marks (BCBC):

Is there a chance someone could take a look at this? When I consciously make a different window the active window I don't have a problem getting back to proclaim, however when I accidentally change windows, it is quite disconcerting when suddenly the arrow keys don't work and I furiously start clicking everywhere on the screen, but the keyboard focus doesn't return. I should be able to click ANYWHERE in the proclaim window to get it back.

Thanks

Thanks for brining this back up Brendon, I was just working on some foucs related issues on Windows and will look at this as well. 

Posts 305
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2016 11:15 AM

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Posts 305
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 2 2017 9:35 AM

I notice that this still works the same way even though we have installed many updates since August. The screen shot is slightly different, with the arrows above the preview slide, but it still is basically true. When On air, in grid mode, you must click in very specific spots in order to restore the arrow keys.

Posts 21
LogosEmployee
Ian Fisk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 2 2017 10:43 AM

Hi Brendon,

I'm sorry you are still experiencing this. I will add this to our list of bugs that need investigating so hopefully we can get this resolved for you in the future!

Thanks,

Ian

Posts 305
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 19 2017 8:37 AM

After 7 months, I would like to bring this up again. This morning when I attempted to revive my arrow keys, a video was playing in the on-air presentation, so clicking in the preview window paused the video. Fortunately, I discovered this in rehearsal, but I really think this should be fixed.

Thanks

Posts 305
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 19 2017 8:38 AM

Just to clarify, I want the arrow keys fixed, not the video.

Posts 2
Valley Lutheran Church | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 23 2018 9:59 AM

I also am having this issue, and having found this thread from two years ago, it frustrates me to see this hasn't been fixed since then.  Whenever window focus is lost from proclaim, the arrow keys stop working.  In grid mode, I have to click on the live window to get focus back.  (Which I can't do from the front of the church with a clicker remote.)  Please fix or provide a work around for this issue!

Posts 305
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2018 6:57 PM

Release 2.9.0.0001 fixed this issue, thanks Scott.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS