WIVU Constituency Trees Updated

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1253
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 10 2016 11:10 AM

Hi folks.

Just a quick post to let you know that we published an update to the WIVU Constituency Trees syntax graph resource this morning (Wednesday, Feb 10, 2016).

This should make the resource available and downloadable. Note that experience will be best on 6.9 SR1 (released yesterday) or 6.10 beta 2. Because this has been outstanding for so long, we figured releasing it now instead of waiting for the next scheduled resource update was preferable for most users.

In addition to it not being built for the post-LDLS/Libronix platform, there used to be problems with the speed of the resource. Those issues have been addressed as well. There may be some random display/refresh issues where things look askew while scrolling quickly; running mouse cursor over the graph node will cause a refresh of the graph in question.

Thanks for your patience as we worked out the issues on this one. Still pending for future release (date unknown) is an update to the underlying syntax database. I have no information on when that will ship, though it is on the radar.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1374
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2016 11:44 AM

In my initial tests it seems to work fine.

Thousand thanks to Rick and others there on the other side of the world!

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 536
L.A. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2016 1:07 PM

Veli Voipio:

In my initial tests it seems to work fine.

Thousand thanks to Rick and others there on the other side of the world!

Congrats! Cake ...finally... Yes

Posts 561
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2016 3:00 PM

I add my hearty thanks to and for all who have been laboring on this for so very long!

Posts 468
BKMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2016 6:35 PM

This is fantastic news!YesBig Smile

חַפְּשׂוּ בַּתּוֹרָה הֵיטֵב וְאַל תִּסְתַּמְּכוּ עַל דְּבָרַי

Posts 491
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2016 9:51 PM

Thanks for the update. The WIVU trees appear a lot cleaner than before.

I like it.

Posts 63
Markus Schiller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2016 3:59 AM

Finally...

Yes

Posts 468
BKMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2016 5:05 AM

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):
Still pending for future release (date unknown) is an update to the underlying syntax database. I have no information on when that will ship, though it is on the radar.

The above is also great news!

חַפְּשׂוּ בַּתּוֹרָה הֵיטֵב וְאַל תִּסְתַּמְּכוּ עַל דְּבָרַי

Posts 911
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2016 12:56 PM

BKMitchell:

Still pending for future release (date unknown) is an update to the underlying syntax database. I have no information on when that will ship, though it is on the radar.

The above is also great news!

Yes

It looks excellent on my mac. Much better than before.

Posts 1374
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2016 1:39 PM

This means that the syntax search for WIVU trees will be available in Logos 6 or later? Yes

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 1253
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2016 2:16 PM

Veli Voipio:

This means that the syntax search for WIVU trees will be available in Logos 6 or later? Yes

It means the date is unknown.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 569
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2016 8:12 PM

Is there a glossary for the syntactical terms used in the trees?

Posts 569
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2016 11:02 PM

Bump!

Is a glossary included in sesb-editors-introduction? Or what is the WIVU Introduction that they talk about on this product page?

Posts 1374
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 5:28 AM

Schumitinu:
Is a glossary included in sesb-editors-introduction? Or what is the WIVU Introduction that they talk about on this product page?

I assume it is the one and same thing. Belowyou can see the table of contents but there is no glossary as such

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 6:23 AM

Is lemma searching also on the radar ?  Genesis 1:1 lemma רֵאשִׁית has :1 suffix in WIVU ConstituencyTrees with SESB morphology (not WIVU ?), but doing a lemma search using Logos 6.10 Beta 3 does not find any results in resource:

wivucgraphs

2016-01-27T22:28:24Z

wivucgraphs.lbsclv

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1253
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 7:04 AM

KS4J, the graph resources are not indexed. The search capability comes when the underlying syntax database is available. Basically, the graphs are the visual representation of the relationships modelled in the database.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 8:16 AM

Hovering mouse over a Hebrew word has a lemma pop-up appear in Logos 6 Beta 10 (albeit search for lemma finds zero results):

Puzzled by suffix of 1 in lemma pop-up, which does not appear in other Hebrew Bibles.

Looking forward to future resource update, which enables lemma and syntax searching.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 569
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 3:55 PM

Veli Voipio:

Schumitinu:

I assume it is the one and same thing. Belowyou can see the table of contents but there is no glossary as such

Thanks! That is what I was looking for. Would be good to have along with the analysis.

Posts 7905
LogosEmployee

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Looking forward to future resource update, which enables lemma and syntax searching.

The "Clause Visualization" resources probably won't ever support searching.

Searching will only be available (as mentioned above, at an unknown date) when we deliver a "Syntax Database", which can be searched through the Syntax Search tool.

The visualisation resource (as its name implies) provides a visualisation of the underlying syntax database, to help you formulate your searches.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 8:15 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
The "Clause Visualization" resources probably won't ever support searching.

Thanks; living and learning all "Clause Visualization" resources have right click menu that shows lemma, which cannot be searched in that resource.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS