Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 81
Joseph | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 23 2010 11:24 AM

Please make Logos 4 for mac, when it is finally released, compatible (vis-à-vis the footnote ability) with IWork 06-09 and whatever further additions they release.  I know there are free things one can download (open-office, mellel, etc...), but the entire point of having a mac is that one doesn't need to download a million applications. 

Thank you for listening for my comments,
--
JPG2

Posts 490
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 12:11 PM

As has been discussed before, the issue is not so much with Logos as it is with Pages which does not accept a standard footnote paste command as Word, Mellel and some other word processors do. I suggest you offer feedback to Apple in this regard. They have a special feedback page for Pages at http://www.apple.com/feedback/pages.html. Each release of Pages has been more robust. Perhaps this issue will eventually be addressed.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 12:54 PM

Nor does Pages have any auto-save feature which, despite my knowledge that I should always be saving, is pretty silly considering every other word document program (Even Google docs) has the feature. That by itself is my reason for not using iWork.

Posts 490
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 12:58 PM

Well, the same lack of an autosave could be said about Keynote, too, but I know that I will never go back to PowerPoint after using Keynote. 

Save early; save often.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 2:56 PM

R. Mansfield:

Well, the same lack of an autosave could be said about Keynote, too, but I know that I will never go back to PowerPoint after using Keynote. 

Save early; save often.

Hey guys I might suggest you try Forever Save It is a utility that you can configure to autosave at time intervals, when you switch apps. Pretty impressive. Apparently it works with nearly all document types so its not limited to iWork.

Honestly. After using pages I couldn't use Word .

Posts 10517
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 3:16 PM

Tommy Ball:

Nor does Pages have any auto-save feature which, despite my knowledge that I should always be saving, is pretty silly considering every other word document program (Even Google docs) has the feature. That by itself is my reason for not using iWork.

Interesting. I turn the auto-save feature in Word off.

Posts 228
Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 5:40 PM

I thought that's why they had command-s? Just kidding, I've lost to much by not saving so I am always saving changes to what I'm working on. Auto save really doesn't matter to me.Zip it!

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 5:43 PM

StephenWeasler:
I am always saving changes to what I'm working on. Auto save really doesn't matter to me

Same here. Didn't even realize Pages had no auto-save feature. Cmd-s is sort of just reflex and it'd be that way even if I used Word.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS