NICOT/NICNT Bundle Sale [Accordance Bible]

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 944
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2016 5:34 PM

Dan Francis:
I purposely avoided mentioning where because I did not wish to "advertise" in the FL forums

In accordance with the forum rules one might say Wink

Posts 2839
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2016 6:40 PM

They did not match Anchor Yale Bible Commentary for $750 from another competitor.  I doubt they will match this one either.  However, they did come out with a $19.99 per volume sale on Anchor not long after the competitor's sale.  Not a price match, but a savings, nonetheless.

There is, of course, the always mentioned "added value" of having the commentaries in your Logos Library, and the seamless interaction with your entire library - tagging, etc.

If you just intend to open the commentary to a particular passage and read, then the competitor's price is a bargain.  Depends upon what your need.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2200
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2016 6:47 PM

Unless a series is a really good deal, I would rather just have a per volume discount.  That way I can get what I really want.  Waiting expectantly....Smile

Posts 170
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2016 6:59 AM

I think for me Logos offers the better deal - if I don't buy it from Logos I save more  than if I don't buy it from the competitor.

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2016 8:59 AM

I like the pragmatism here :-) I think I will join you lol 

Posts 28748
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2016 1:02 PM

Jim Snowden:

I think for me Logos offers the better deal - if I don't buy it from Logos I save more  than if I don't buy it from the competitor.

Big Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2016 11:01 PM

Jim Snowden:

Yes. Save up to $1829.99.

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Posts 64
JFritschJr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 14 2016 5:09 PM

I would think they would want to do something for their customers to compete...and I would love this idea

Posts 5285
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2016 12:37 AM

Well if it was at all time sensitive it matters not since the sale ends tomorrow night. 

dan

Posts 3735
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2016 9:31 AM

Hey guys the Logos Twitter feed mentions a NICOT/NICNT sale coming up soon (not on the general website yet) but it matches the $20/volume one talked about above so keep your fingers crossed.  I would guess that by the end of the week we will know more

Posts 3735
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2016 9:32 AM

On a side note, anyone know of any gems/stinkers in the set if this sale doesn come to pass?

Posts 483
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2016 9:41 AM

https://www.logos.com/nicsale

$20/vol can only buy 20 volumes.

Posts 530
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2016 10:06 AM

The code doesn't apply for The Book of Judges - the only one I need. 

https://www.logos.com/product/38224/the-new-international-commentary-on-the-old-testament-the-book-of-judges

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS