Indexer keeps crashing since last update.

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 40
Gabriel Powell | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 23 2010 11:48 AM

Every time I open L4 since the last update the indexer starts and then crashes after a few minutes.

5023.Logos4Indexer.zip

Laptop: Windows 7 Professional x64, Intel Dual-Core, 2GB RAM, Radeon X1600

Home: Vista Ultimate x86,  AMD Quad-Core, 4GB RAM, GeForce 8400 GS 512MB

Work: Windows 7 x64, Intel Dual-Core, 8GB RAM, Radeon X1300/X1550

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Peter Venable | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 12:46 PM

Your index needs to be rebuilt.  Just type "rebuild index" into the command box.

Posts 129
Tom Blanchard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 1:23 PM

Same problem, starting at the same time. It might not be "just" that simple, Peter. I've tried "rebuild index," to no avail. It still continued to abandon the indexing each time.

I'm currently working with Kevin's proposal, and I deleted everything in the LibraryIndex folder. I'm quite a few hours into indexing now, with no problems yet. But I won't know for sure until tomorrow morning ! 

MacBook, Parallels 5 with XP.

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Peter Venable | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 2:55 PM

Tom, I can't say for sure without seeing your log, but deleting the LibraryIndex folder was going to be my next suggestion.  Another common problem that causes repeated indexer failures is running low on disk space.

Posts 6
David Brewer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 3:42 PM

Tom, what was Kevin's proposal? I have the same problem!

Thanks a lot, Tom!

Posts 6
David Brewer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 3:44 PM

Peter, I have the same problem. Could you explain to me how I can delete my Library Index folder? I'm having the same problem as Tom has.

Thanks a lot, Peter!

David

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 4:11 PM

brewerhebrewprof@gmail.com:

Peter, I have the same problem. Could you explain to me how I can delete my Library Index folder? I'm having the same problem as Tom has.

Thanks a lot, Peter!

David

The LibraryIndex folder is found in \Logos4\uniquefolder.xxx\. The path to the Logos4 folder depends on your Windows version. In Window 7 or Vista it would be C:\Users\username\AppData\Local. In Windows XP it would be C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data.

Posts 6
David Brewer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 4:26 PM

Thanks so much Melissa!

Posts 40
Gabriel Powell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 7:43 PM

Deleting the LibraryIndex contents and re-indexing took care of it. Thanks!

Laptop: Windows 7 Professional x64, Intel Dual-Core, 2GB RAM, Radeon X1600

Home: Vista Ultimate x86,  AMD Quad-Core, 4GB RAM, GeForce 8400 GS 512MB

Work: Windows 7 x64, Intel Dual-Core, 8GB RAM, Radeon X1300/X1550

Posts 2
Philip M. Birner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 11:20 PM

Hi,

I have the last Logos 4 update and all apeared well for me. But now, I appear to have the same problem since a new book file of about 100 mb.was added to my library after that latest update.  Since that book file was uploaded I now get a Microsoft windows box stating: "Logos 4 Software indexer has stopped working."  I get this every time I open Logos 4 on the computer. My operating system is Vista Premium 64.  I have plenty of disk space.  I have tried to find the Library index folder in order to delete it.  Before I do that I want to make sure I should be deleting it and if I do that I am deleting the proper folder.  I tried to follow the suggested path and after much experimenting this is what I did find doing the following:  C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Logos 4\Data\te5hftex.fwz\Library Index.  Is this the "Library Index" that I should delete?  The file is something like 1.86 GB and I don't want to mess things up deleting something that I shouldn't way up there in the "guts" of my system.  If this is the proper folder to delete, and I do delete it, then what do I do?  Do I then ask Logos to rebuild my index?  Thanks much for your help.

Phil

Posts 129
Tom Blanchard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 11:44 PM

Good morning all, from France. Sorry to say that deleting the contents of the Library Index folder did not work either. It ran all night, but then stopped this morning with about 25 minutes to go, same MS error box.

I've finally figured out how to enable logging using the Java script, so I'll give it another try and then send the log. I want to be kind here, but the extent of this problem in the forums seems to indicate that it originated with the recent download, and I'm sure many logs have already been sent back in. Has anyone been able to figure out what happened?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 4:58 AM

PhilipMBirner:

Hi,

I have the last Logos 4 update and all apeared well for me. But now, I appear to have the same problem since a new book file of about 100 mb.was added to my library after that latest update.  Since that book file was uploaded I now get a Microsoft windows box stating: "Logos 4 Software indexer has stopped working."  I get this every time I open Logos 4 on the computer. My operating system is Vista Premium 64.  I have plenty of disk space.  I have tried to find the Library index folder in order to delete it.  Before I do that I want to make sure I should be deleting it and if I do that I am deleting the proper folder.  I tried to follow the suggested path and after much experimenting this is what I did find doing the following:  C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Logos 4\Data\te5hftex.fwz\Library Index.  Is this the "Library Index" that I should delete?  The file is something like 1.86 GB and I don't want to mess things up deleting something that I shouldn't way up there in the "guts" of my system.  If this is the proper folder to delete, and I do delete it, then what do I do?  Do I then ask Logos to rebuild my index?  Thanks much for your help.

Phil

You did find the Library Index folder. If you delete the contents you won't break Logos. When Logos 4 starts up next time it will see that its index is gone and start building a new one automatically.

Posts 4
John Soden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 12:06 PM

I have the same problem. My indexer has been crashing for a week or more. I have tried the rebuild, deleting the contents of the index folder and I have sent the logs in to the tech support. I have not gotten any response and just found this forum. Any more suggestions?

I am running XP on an HP Elitebook 6930p with 2 GB RAM, 150 Gig hard drive with 100 G free space.

Posts 2033
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 12:17 PM

JohnSoden:
I have tried the rebuild, deleting the contents of the index folder

This is the first time I have heard that deleting the content of the index folder did not provide the solution.  Did you close L4 and then delete the context and then start L4 again?

I would suggest loading up your log files here to this forum.  There are a few people who would look at it and help you through this issue.

Posts 4
John Soden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 12:41 PM

I believe it was closed, but I am trying again in case it was not.

Posts 2033
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 12:54 PM

John

If this does not get resolved and no one follows up on your log, I would suggest re-posting your question and log in a new thread.  I am not an expert on the logs but I know that there are some here very willing to help so I would expect help to come from the forum soon.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 12:57 PM

JohnSoden:

I believe it was closed, but I am trying again in case it was not.

John, in the same folder as your Logos 4 logs there should be an indexer log. The log you provided is for the main program and had no errors in it.

Posts 4
John Soden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 6:30 PM

Thank you. I tried deleting the index files folder again and it seems to have worked. I will return if it does it again. I appreciate the help.

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 11:33 PM

Thanks, guys, for the help. I was having the same problem, with constant indexing, that never finished. So, yesterday I was able to delete the index folder and then rebuilt the index, leaving my poor laptop to work overnight. With fear and trembling, I started L4 this morning, and Volia, no indexing!!!! ...and L4 opened so quickly!!!!   Yahoo!

Thanks again for the tips.

Charlene

Posts 2
Philip M. Birner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2010 12:46 AM

Thanks Kevin and all,

My indexer woes seem to have been sorted by deleting the library index and letting Logos 4 build a new one. That was almost too easy to work! 

Phil

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS