Logos 6.10 Beta 3 (6.10.0.0017) now available

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 16 2016 12:04 PM

6.10 Beta 3 (6.10.0.0017) is available for download. 

To update to Beta 3, enter the Update Now command if you’ve switched to the beta channel before. If you currently have a stable version installed (such as 6.9 SR-1) and do not want to receive future beta updates, install from the download links on this thread. If you want to receive future beta updates, enter the Set Update Channel to Beta command to download Beta 3.

Release Notes

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 9:46 AM

Some of us are still having issues with the Fatal Mono Error in this release. Can someone provide some insight as to how this can be rectified? Is there another issue at hand? The below threads have logs posted: 

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/122734.aspx 

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/122611.aspx 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1565
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 9:56 AM

6.10 so far has only contained bug fixes and relatively minor feature tweaks. No major new features. Curious why...

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/105147.aspx 

Posts 27039
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 12:48 PM

Beta 3 could satisfy that description, but I don't agree that it applies to Beta 1 and Beta 2; depending on your definition of "major". One reason for caution, however,  is the technical update to system code. The updated Mono appears to have caused crashes for Mac users, whereas Visual C++ 2015 appears to be stable for Windows users.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 10836
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 1:08 PM

Dave Hooton:
The updated Mono appears to have caused crashes for Mac users

I think for most of us, it was indexer failure—which kills all searching. For several (most?) of us that bug has been dispatched. The fix seemed to take a day after Beta 3 to settle in.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 2:10 PM

Jack Caviness:
The fix seemed to take a day after Beta 3 to settle in.

Jack - Did you have to perform a full index for this to take place? I completed a full index yesterday after beta 3 was released, but I am still having issues. I started Logos again today and it is now running another full index. 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 10836
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2016 4:47 PM

John Kight:
Jack - Did you have to perform a full index for this to take place?

From the initial release of 6.10 Beta 1, Logos performed a complete reindex every time it started. It just failed at the end of the process. Every time I started the application, Logos requested a crash report. To say that I was quite irritated would be an understatement.

I was somewhere between annoyed, irritated, and downright angry when Chris Culy, a FL employee, reported having a fix internally on Feb 9, but Beta 3 was not released until Feb 16. I wrote two additional sentences about the status of the Mac version with FL, but deleted them without posting.

Posts 18
Philip Armstrong | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2016 7:41 PM

Unfortunately, I am having some problems after downloading Beta 3.  When I have my bible opened, none of the Louw-Nida links work when I hover over them.  I have quit and restarted 3-4 times, but I seemed to be having problems.

Posts 33453
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2016 7:56 PM

As a general practice it is better to start a new thread in the beta forum for each problem uncovered. It would also be useful to state what Bible you are having the problem in so that other beta testers can try to replicate your problem and possibly determine with more precision the parameters of the problem.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2016 8:11 PM

MJ. Smith:
so that other beta testers can try to replicate your problem

I didn't see a new thread created, but just to quickly verify, I can not reproduce the problem in any of my English Bibles. They all display louw-nida as normal

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS