Just curious

How have you prioritised ?

Priority of Bible Dictionaries  / encyclopaedia

Thanks

P A

Posts 9494
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2016 5:19 PM

I'm not saying it is the best but this is my current order. After this thread I may want to change it. Wink

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 914
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 11:59 AM

Any more thoughts on this?

P A

Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 12:32 PM

Here is my current prioritization. It is definitely not the best, not even for me, and as Bruce has stated, mine may change also. Smile

Posts 914
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 12:36 PM

Can anyone do better than this?

P A, Bruce & Erwin need your help!

P A Big Smile

Posts 30838
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 1:41 PM

mine are pretty casually thrown together:

a number of non-dictionaries with glossaries indexed by English headword pop up ahead of these on some topics.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26196
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 1:44 PM

P A:

Bruce and Erwin both show "heading" entries and I don't. They both list one English language dictionary whilst I have two, but I can't beat 19 entries, so I'm not going to show my listSmile But I've got 3 x ISBE versions (note that only ISBE Ages 1915 and ISBE Revised will appear as topics in the Topic Guide).

What is significant is that the language dictionaries are a fallback for "non-biblical" words.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 914
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 1:45 PM

Thank you MJ

Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 2:18 PM

Dave Hooton:

P A:

Bruce and Erwin both show "heading" entries and I don't. They both list one English language dictionary whilst I have two, but I can't beat 19 entries, so I'm not going to show my listSmile But I've got 3 x ISBE versions (note that only ISBE Ages 1915 and ISBE Revised will appear as topics in the Topic Guide).

What is significant is that the language dictionaries are a fallback for "non-biblical" words.

Hi Dave; Please enlighten us with your prioritization order. Smile

Ok Dave, I'm curious. What is the 3rd version of ISBE that you have? I thought there were only 2.

Posts 914
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 2:24 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
Hi Dave; Please enlighten us with your prioritization order. Smile

Go on Dave enlighten usSmile

P A

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 2:30 PM

Mine is very similar to Bruce's, although I have fewer prioritised. 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 3:03 PM

Mine currently looks like this:

Posts 9494
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 4:09 PM

P A:

P A, Bruce & Erwin need your help!

P A Big Smile

You are encouraging others to submit their lists but where is your submission PA?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 155
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 11:40 PM

Dave Hooton:

Bruce and Erwin both show "heading" entries ....

Please advise how to do those "heading" entries.  Otherwise point to some tutorial or video on how its being done.  Thank you.

Posts 23958
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2016 12:36 AM

Alan:
Please advise how to do those "heading" entries.

Please see https://community.logos.com/forums/p/119699/785905.aspx for a description of how to do this

Posts 155
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2016 3:38 AM

Graham, thank you for pointing me in the right direction. YesSmile

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2016 3:51 AM

"Bruce and Erwin both show "heading" entries and I don't. They both list one English language dictionary whilst I have two, but I can't beat 19 entries, so I'm not going to show my listSmile But I've got 3 x ISBE versions (note that only ISBE Ages 1915 and ISBE Revised will appear as topics in the Topic Guide)."

Perhaps Dave is referring to these. . .

Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2016 4:44 AM

Daniel Bender:

"Bruce and Erwin both show "heading" entries and I don't. They both list one English language dictionary whilst I have two, but I can't beat 19 entries, so I'm not going to show my listSmile But I've got 3 x ISBE versions (note that only ISBE Ages 1915 and ISBE Revised will appear as topics in the Topic Guide)."

Perhaps Dave is referring to these. . .

Thanks Daniel; The second one on the list, by Ages Software, must go way way back.

Posts 914
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2016 5:25 AM

Short answer Bruce

I don't  know how to copy the list into this thread.

Is there a video or something that shows how to do it?

P A

Posts 9494
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2016 6:03 AM

P A:

Short answer Bruce

I don't  know how to copy the list into this thread.

Is there a video or something that shows how to do it?

Well that makes sense. It is really easy to do and there are many ways to do it. I used Bradley's recommendation in this thread which I recommend reading - https://community.logos.com/forums/p/87737/615748.aspx

He uses a program called Bug Shooting which is available free for personal use - http://www.bugshooting.com/ 

There are also screen capture program build into most systems. I have one on my keyboard which says "Print Screen".

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Hope to see your first screen shot post in the near future. By the way, when you go to post be sure to use the paper clip icon in the menu bar at the top.

I should also add that there is a Logos wiki page about this as well - https://wiki.logos.com/screenshot

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS