Choose one free book of six

Page 3 of 4 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 61 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 71
James Chin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 4:39 PM

Thank you Jan & FL

Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 4:52 PM

Jan, God bless you for my free book and this questionnaire.

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 9:48 PM

Bruce Dunning:
Thanks Jan and thanks Faithlife.

Yes

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 2315
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 11:01 PM

Got the Genesis book and am feeling pretty pleased!  Thanks!  

The questionnaire was good too, and positive; I was pleased to offer my perspectives.

Posts 4134
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2016 7:19 AM

abondservant:

Thanks for the free book. However your recommendation logic might be broken.

EG it might recommend a base package that you already own. For me, it recommended Reformed Diamond. Something I already own.

To be fair there aren't many I don't own. However, as I indicated a preference for reformed material, if I own the top reformed base package you might suggest another BP with a large amount of reformed titles (you could indicate this in the verbiage: Since you selected reformed (or any denominational preference) and own the top package - we thought you might be interested in the (insert preference here) baptist base package because it contains writings from Al Mohler, founders, et al - who are writing from a largely reformed perspective. Here is what others who bought the reformed base package have to say about the Baptist Base package. (famous presbyterian/reformed camp individual(s) praising a title in the baptist bp)).

In short, you're missing an opportunity to try and sell me more stuff.

I'm probably not going to buy anything, but it might nudge someone else closer (or cause them) to buy a BP they hadn't considered. 

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 58
Richard Milbrandt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2016 9:25 AM

Thank you Jan and FL for the free Vocabulary of the Greek Testament.

Posts 79
Joseph Sollenberger | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2016 9:57 AM
I found the survey to be useful and the recommended BP made sense. Such a survey could lead to a meaningful understanding of the Logos customer base and allow for smoother business decisions. Of course, the survey would be best if the sample size and the population were the same. ;-)

Joseph F. Sollenberger, Jr.

Posts 279
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2016 5:39 PM

Wow! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It was a good survey, fun to do, and I snagged the Genesis volume!

Posts 1962
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2016 5:55 PM

What happens if you owned all the books at the end? I don't know what to choose..

Posts 2315
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2016 6:42 PM

Be grateful for those who do get a free book (I had all but one), and be grateful you had a chance to make your voice known to FL on some important matters.

Posts 240
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2016 7:04 PM

Thank you Jan!  Thank you Faithlife!

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2016 5:19 AM

Ronald Quick:

I'm stuck between deciding between the Lexham Genesis Guide and Moulton's Vocabulary.  Any recommendations?

I did not see a reply to your question. I cannot comment on the Lexham Guide since I did not pick it. I was tempted, especially if it is really good on creationism. With regard to Moulton, I would only recommend it to scholars and/or advanced Greek students. I don't think it is that important to have it just as a lexicon if one already has BDAG and other good lexica. Its greater value is its focus on papyri. 

MJ. Smith:
have the worst horror story ... they made me choose Catholic rather than the far more accurate Orthodox-Catholic or the most precise Orthodox-Catholic-High(Anglican-Lutheran). What could possibly be worse than being asked to lie about your denominational preference?

One option would have been to take the high road and resist the temptation of a free resource or doing the survey in order to avoid "lying". How could you? Very unspiritual. Stick out tongue

Posts 8004
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2016 9:23 AM

Francis:

MJ. Smith:
have the worst horror story ... they made me choose Catholic rather than the far more accurate Orthodox-Catholic or the most precise Orthodox-Catholic-High(Anglican-Lutheran). What could possibly be worse than being asked to lie about your denominational preference?

One option would have been to take the high road and resist the temptation of a free resource or doing the survey in order to avoid "lying". How could you? Very unspiritual. Stick out tongue

That's why denominationalism is sinful, because is synonymous with sectarianism - a dangerous "-ism." I wonder what you chose on the survey where it asked if you considered yourself an everyday Christian? Or do you think you would have lied if you had chosen that? It'd be very simple to just go back to the Bible and leave out the many man made extras attached to christianity. The Bible makes Christians only and the only Christians..not these other mixture of things...😬 Mixing things is the main ingredient in "Pluralism."

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2016 10:44 AM

DAL:
That's why denominationalism is sinful

So you believe that having denominations is sinful? So going to say a Baptist or a Presbyterian church is sinful?

Posts 9556
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2016 11:27 AM

James Hiddle:

DAL:

So you believe that having denominations is sinful? So going to say a Baptist or a Presbyterian church is sinful?

Don't take the bait. This is not worth trying to discuss this here.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 31932
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2016 12:31 PM

DAL:
That's why denominationalism is sinful, because is synonymous with sectarianism

DAL, please don't take my humor appropriate for the post to which it responded out of context and try to start an unethical (in context) denominational debate. And please do not use fallacious logic to do so.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3733
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2016 12:52 PM

Thanks!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2016 12:58 PM

Ted Harms:

Thank so much. I chose Vocabulary of the Greek Testament.

Me too. Yes

Bohuslav

Posts 8004
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2016 2:23 PM

Bruce Dunning:

James Hiddle:

DAL:

Don't take the bait. This is not worth trying to discuss this here.

Thanks Bruce! Why do you think I haven't answered 😜 I'd rather be a Christian is all I can say 😬 It's the simplest and most Biblical answer I can give without getting into arguments 👌

DAL

Posts 9556
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2016 2:51 PM

DAL:
Thanks Bruce! Why do you think I haven't answered 😜 I'd rather be a Christian is all I can say 😬 It's the simplest and most Biblical answer I can give without getting into arguments 👌

It was just a gentle reminder not to be sidetracked from the topic of this thread.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 3 of 4 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS