what ever happened to our promised Encyclopedia Britainica

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 297
Mike McKnelly | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 28 2016 1:08 PM

The last update from a logos representative said that it was coming soon that was a couple of months ago. Is there anyway we can get a more concrete date?

Posts 6663
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2016 2:03 PM

Must've been "soon" from a futuristic perspective 😂

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2016 4:18 PM

When I last asked about it in January Ben piped in saying he doubted it would be ready for Candlemas (Feb. 2) but that it was well under way work wise. I have no idea if they have a projected release date yet but it may have been delayed by the lay offs (hopefully not but it would explain why an expected end of year has being turned into months behind).

-Dan

Posts 1790
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2016 5:12 PM

DAL:

Must've been "soon" from a futuristic perspective 😂

Surprise

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 2400
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2016 5:17 PM
"Do not look sad. We shall meet soon again." "Please, Aslan", said Lucy, "what do you call soon?" "I call all times soon" said Aslan.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 10459
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2016 5:48 PM

I think I would have been ok, if the Logos guy stuck with 'well, you know Britanica is tough .... we'll be lucky just to achieve mediocre'.

But no. He had to give us hints ... unbelievably good! .... no one else ... the definite good stuff!

I really feel like they're a few days away from ship, but  everybody at Logos is reading it.  'Wow, this is REALLY good!!'

Posts 1977
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 10 2016 1:15 PM

I have gotten confused and disillusioned.  Can someone please add to or correct what I understand:

1.  There is an old version of Britainica on community pricing which is different from the pre pub product

2.  The pre pub product is going for the rate of $199

3.  Those of us who were in on this project early enough got a pre pub price at $99

4.  The original product was delivered not as we expected.  The pre pub project promises to fix this and deliver what we expected at no extra cost

5.  We have been waiting  (does anyone now know how long we have been waiting) for this to be fixed

6.  Some seem to think it is about to ship.  Maybe that is true.  But we have heard this for so long that I really dont care that much anymore and am looking to call to receive a refund

7.  It is still possible to get a refund and will be possible even after the product ship (we will have a 30 day window from the time the product ship)

8.  Once the product does actually ship, we will not be charged if we paid the original pre pub price and received the original faulty product

Is this all correct?

Posts 881
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 10 2016 2:31 PM

That seems more or less correct, Mark.

As far as shipping goes, we still don't have a firm date. As soon as I have something more concrete I'll share it with you.

Director, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 1977
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 10 2016 2:36 PM

If I wanted a refund now instead of waiting, can that be done via email or does it have to be done via phone?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 10 2016 3:31 PM

Ben Amundgaard:
As far as shipping goes, we still don't have a firm date. As soon as I have something more concrete I'll share it with you.

Are they actively working on it? Or do they need to hire about 30 people?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 170
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2016 2:34 AM

Do you have a soggy date if not a firm date. Maybe to the nearest quarter? eg 2016Q1, 2016Q2? If a rough date can't be given, then it suggests no resource is available/allocated at the moment to finish the production of Britannica and there is no schedule for its completion.

Posts 881
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2016 8:55 AM

Mark, I think best way to do that is to call customer service.

Matthew and Jim, I can assure you that we are indeed working on it. At the moment we're waiting for some more files from Britannica.

I apologize that I can't give you more information at this point. I'm very wary of giving even a soggy date, I can assure you that we are working on it (I've just had conversations this morning) and that as soon as I can give you any sense of a date I will.

Director, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 2932
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2016 9:29 AM

Mark:

I have gotten confused and disillusioned.  Can someone please add to or correct what I understand:

1.  There is an old version of Britainica on community pricing which is different from the pre pub product

2.  The pre pub product is going for the rate of $199

3.  Those of us who were in on this project early enough got a pre pub price at $99

4.  The original product was delivered not as we expected.  The pre pub project promises to fix this and deliver what we expected at no extra cost

5.  We have been waiting  (does anyone now know how long we have been waiting) for this to be fixed

6.  Some seem to think it is about to ship.  Maybe that is true.  But we have heard this for so long that I really dont care that much anymore and am looking to call to receive a refund

7.  It is still possible to get a refund and will be possible even after the product ship (we will have a 30 day window from the time the product ship)

8.  Once the product does actually ship, we will not be charged if we paid the original pre pub price and received the original faulty product

Is this all correct?

Helpful

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 537
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2016 10:47 AM
Thanks Ben. I appreciate the update, your honesty and humility, and I'm sure that many other Logos customers do too. Is "a soggy date" a typo or a genuine phrase?
Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2016 11:14 AM

Gordon Jones:
s "a soggy date" a typo or a genuine phrase?
Since it implies a date that would be malleable I'm willing to guess it's not a typo.  

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 8114
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2016 11:28 AM

It was an allusion to an earlier question on this thread (https://community.logos.com/forums/p/123475/809411.aspx#809411):

Jim Snowden:

Do you have a soggy date if not a firm date.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS