Advanced Hyperlinks for App Launchers (Alfred)

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 69
Steve | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 1 2016 9:40 AM

I use Alfred as a launcher on my Mac.  I have been experimenting with creating custom hyperlinks to allow me to quickly open up a passage or search in Logos just using a couple of strokes on the keyboard.  For instance, I can press CMD+Space then type "l gen 1.1" and it will open up logos to Genesis 1.1.  What I would like to do is to be able to search a specific document via a hyperlink, but I cannot figure out how to do it.  In particular, I would like to search the Edinburgh Westminster Confession.  I cannot figure out a combination. Below are the hyperlinks I have set up in Alfred so far, in case they are helpful for anyone.

• Pull up a passage in the ESV - logosres:esv;ref=BibleESV.{query}
  • Search for keywords in the bible - logos4:Search;kind=Bible;q={query}  -Also, this only allows for search of the most recent searched version.  Is there anyone to specify?
  • Search for keywords in my library - logos4:Search;kind=Basic;q={query} -Again this default to whatever I was searching last "Everything", "All Open Resources", etc.  I would love to specify 

------------------------------------------

The Idol Factory

http://www.theidolfactory.com 

Posts 1
James Ryan Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 5:30 PM

Hello there. I am very interested in being able to do all the things you have mentioned. I was wondering if you could help me get the ball rolling and then maybe we can help eachother as we come up with other ideas. I am just not sure where to copy and paste your current commands. Can you help me? thank you!!

Posts 12
Dan Thomas Tveita | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 18 2019 3:53 AM

Hi,

Im also using Alfred, but not with Logos. Did you (or anyone else) figure this out? Also, im wondering how you made your passage-workflow. How do you send the logosres: command to Logos?

Posts 25576
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2019 2:17 PM

Dan Thomas Tveita:

Hi,

Im also using Alfred, but not with Logos. Did you (or anyone else) figure this out? Also, im wondering how you made your passage-workflow. How do you send the logosres: command to Logos?

This is an old thread, and I presume you are using Logos 8?

If you can create a hyperlink, then you should use the ref.ly format as that is designed for use in programs external to Logos.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 17
Vince Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 11 2019 8:07 PM

I also know this is an old thread, but I've make a Alfred Workflow for Logos available here: https://github.com/vmitchell85/logos-alfred-workflow

Feel free to request changes, updates, etc

Posts 201
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 13 2019 5:49 AM

Thanks for this... this is a great help! I copied and changed one to work with the NKJV. 

What would be great would be to be able to launch a Bible search from Alfred.

Something like "LS" followed by a search term or phrase. Would that be possible?

Thanks again for making this available!

Posts 17
Vince Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 13 2019 6:03 AM

I've updated the workflow to include NKJV and added library, bible, and media searches:

https://github.com/vmitchell85/logos-alfred-workflow

Posts 201
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 13 2019 9:08 AM

Fantastic - thanks!

Posts 12
Dan Thomas Tveita | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 17 2019 10:20 AM

This is a really nice workflow. Very easy to add resources (although it would be absolutely awesome if it was possible to open resources/commentaries/etc as well — not just search for them).

It doesnt bring Logos to focus when the application is on another space, though. I don't know if thats a bug for you guys as well? 

Anyway, in my own workflow I use applescript:system events to navigate to logos using the Dock, with keystrokes. Its not pretty, and a little slow. But it works. Do you have a better solution to this, Vince? 

Posts 12
Dan Thomas Tveita | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 17 2019 10:39 AM

And one humble question/request: Is it possible to add a query for searching lemmas in lexicons or bible-word-study?

Posts 2
Charles Vermeulen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2019 9:36 AM

This is AMAZING!! thank you so much, Vince. I've been waiting for someone tech-savvy and skilled enough to do what you've done for about 2 years. This is going to be a game-changer for me. 

One question: the Bible shortcut doesn't seem to work properly for books of the Bible with numerals in the prefix... like 1 Corinthians 13:4 or 1 John 4:7. Or is it just me?

For instance, the command "Bible 2 Corinthians 10" doesn't do anything. However, "Bible 2 Corinthians" does bring up 2 Corinthians, I'm just unable to specify chapter and verse for Bible books prefixed with numbers.  

Posts 201
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2019 9:45 AM

Try leaving out the space between numeral and letters: 3john5 instead of 3 John 5

Posts 2
Charles Vermeulen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2019 9:52 AM

that's done the trick! Thank you so much fellow Alfred/Logos user!

Posts 17
Vince Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2019 10:16 AM

I've updated the workflow to fix the issue with opening "2 Corinthians 4:3" and similar passages.

I've also added the feature requests from Dan to the issues list: https://github.com/vmitchell85/logos-alfred-workflow/issues

I'll see if I can get those working as well as I have time.

Happy to see people getting good use out of it, if you'd like to support development you can buy me a coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/kgn867ldz

Thanks,

- Vince

Posts 17
Vince Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 10:23 AM

I've added a search feature to open specific resources... let me know if you have any issues with it, I haven't confirmed it will work for others also.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS