How useful is this resource with L6

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 6122
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 2 2016 3:12 AM
https://www.logos.com/product/10021/all-roads-lead-to-the-text-eight-methods-of-inquiry-into-the-bible. All Roads Lead to the Text DAL
Posts 6122
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2016 6:48 AM

I put a space on it and some how it didn't activate it. My phone does that sometimes. Anyway...Bump!

Posts 21592
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2016 6:52 AM

Sorry DAL

Not sure what question you are asking

Please expand / clarify

Graham

Posts 6122
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2016 6:58 AM

Graham Criddle:

Sorry DAL

Not sure what question you are asking

Please expand / clarify

Graham

Is the book and examples applicable to Logos 6? I couldn't find the thread that said it may only be useful for Logos 4 (since that's the version used in the book), so wanted to double check if when he gives Logos Bible software examples in the book, that the "how to use the software" part will work with Logos 6 or even 7 for that matter since it might make its debut late this year. (Am I making sense) :)

Posts 21592
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2016 7:13 AM

DAL:
Is the book and examples applicable to Logos 6? I couldn't find the thread that said it may only be useful for Logos 4 (since that's the version used in the book), so wanted to double check if when he gives Logos Bible software examples in the book, that the "how to use the software" part will work with Logos 6 or even 7 for that matter since it might make its debut late this year. (Am I making sense) :)

Makes total sense - thanks.

I don't have the resource but have just scanned through the "Look Inside" sections.

From what I saw the principles outlined would apply to Logos 5 / 6 (and probably 7) but the specifics of how to apply those principles may well have changed as more features have been introduced into the software.

Also there may be cases - I didn't see any from a quick scan - where approaches recommended then have been superseded by new functionality.

Hopefully someone actually with the resource will be able to comment further.

Posts 575
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2016 8:18 AM

I have the resource on my reading list but haven't used it yet. Looking through it, it basically describes various exegetical methods, then tells you you can use Logos to do some of the work. It doesn't give detailed instructions or screen shots showing how to do things in Logos, so I don't see why it wouldn't work with Logos 6.

Posts 520
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2016 8:29 AM

what I can say is it's cheaper than Amazon. It's designed to study scriptures using Logos Bible Software. It's better to grab it this time. It's a gooood deal!

Posts 62
Rev. Wayne Paul Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2016 8:43 AM

When I was looking seriously at doing the Logos D.Min through Knox (which I have I had to punt on for now for various reasons) I picked up this book because it was a required text for the required class on using Logos (for which you could substitute taking Camp Logos 1 & 2 with Morris, which I did and highly recommend). The book is about various components (roads) of the exegetical process, and is broadly applicable to exegesis no matter what tools one is using. That the book showed you how to do some of that exegesis using Logos was wonderful. Most of the examples utilize core functionality of Logos (if you have the proper language resources available) and while some of the details of how to do something may have shifted a bit from 4 to 6, if anything the software has gotten better and stronger. For the class we were required to pick several of the questions that are asked at the end of each chapter to answer, and while I never completed all I was supposed to do, I did enough to realize two things 1) while the book prepared me to see how Logos could be used to answer the questions 2) having a very solid understanding of how Logos should best be used (aided greatly by Camp Logos 1 & 2) was absolutely crucial. If you get the book, I do recommend trying to answer some of the questions at the end of the chapters that interest you; not only does it push you to think through/and or learn how to use Logos to answer the questions, I gained some solid sermon and/or Bible Study materials out of answering them.

Posts 9926
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2016 8:50 AM

Rev Wayne had an excellent answer, along with Pam.

But the product page really sums it up. 'Read the the Bible like a world-class expert'!   Well, you do have to wonder exactly how a world-class expert reads the Bible, right?

Now, you'll know!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS