We Might have a little problem with BOB - see photo

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2372
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 5 2016 2:44 PM

BOB - the Bible Outline Browser seems to have issues.  I have tried restarts and a few other tricks, but BOB only gives me pretty colors and no text.  Actually text appears on hover.  '

V. 6.10.0.0026

Indexing up to date.  

Could this be connected with this?  I also get no pericope population with ESV prioritized first.

Here is a pretty picture of BOB. 

Posts 25222
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2016 2:55 PM

Not sure I understand the problem. This is what I would expect to see depending on the "outline resources" you have.

See https://community.logos.com/forums/t/92642.aspx for its introduction

If you click "Read" at the top right you will see the outline information in the various resources

Posts 61
Dean Stow | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2016 3:00 PM

In case it matters, my pericopes disappeared as well.  There is another person that is having the same problem.

It might be useful to be award of this thread in case it is related...  https://community.logos.com/forums/t/123644.aspx

Dean

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2016 3:12 PM

Gao Lu:
Here is a pretty picture of BOB. 

Does box color become a bit darker when mouse pointer is in it plus have outline pop-up ?

Noticed size of box corresponds to outline verses.

Noted request for Matthew 5-7 has outline boxes for all of Matthew.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2372
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2016 3:40 PM

Thanks for the feedback.  

1. Somewhere in the back of my error-prone memory, I thought the content actually showed up in the boxes.  What is the point of the empty boxes?

2.  I can see the content on hover.  The box does become darker and I get a pop-up.  Is that all that ever happened?  I forget.  I thought the boxes were actually populated, but may have dreamed that.  

3. The "Read" view works fine.

4.  Perhaps pericopes are not relevant to BOB? They are linked to commentary and/or outlines?

Maybe this is not at all connected but for interest I also get this (same results for any passage range input):

Posts 33475
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2016 4:33 PM

Gao Lu:
Is that all that ever happened?

To the best of my knowledge although in its earliest form it may have also crashed Wink

Gao Lu:
What is the point of the empty boxes?

They show the outline structure down at least three levels. When you hover on a box all levels relevant to the verse who.

Gao Lu:
I thought the boxes were actually populated, but may have dreamed that.  

Or more likely confused it with the compare pericope tool which does populate the boxes but shows no hierarchy.

Gao Lu:
 Perhaps pericopes are not relevant to BOB? They are linked to commentary and/or outlines?

Pericopes as Logos uses the term form their own dataset derived strictly from Bibles and hence unrelated to outlines. I can provide a counter-example where that should not be the case but ...

Outlines are their own dataset derived from the resources shown in the BOB

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2372
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2016 4:45 PM

Thanks MJ and others.  You cleared it up--like always.  Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 6 2016 4:30 PM

Gao Lu:

Maybe this is not at all connected but for interest I also get this (same results for any passage range input):

Replicated "There are no pericope sets discovered." in Passage Analysis using Logos 6.10 RC 2 and Verbum 6.9 SR-1 so created thread => Tip: Force Pericope Set update for Go Box & Passage Analysis with steps used to force update of Pericope Sets.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2372
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 6 2016 8:36 PM

Thanks!  Logos is back working like a champ!

Posts 110
William M. Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 9 2016 12:20 PM

When I first saw the title of this thread before I read it I thought it was about the Faithlife CEO Smile

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS