Hebrew concordance mapping to English verses

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
Ian Carmichael | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 10 2016 2:58 AM

I've had reason over the last week to seek out all English passages which translate the Hebrew khesed. I gave up on Logos and resorted to my paper Englishman's English-Chaldee concordance. 
I think the way to approach it is to a create a verse list from the Strong number - unfortunately that only seems to work via the NASB concordance. 

So, I'm looking for a way of listing all verses, for any given (English) translation, which have  a specific underlying Greek/Hebrew word. Any help will be appreciated. (I'd rather not stay captive to my paper library!)

Thanks

Ian

Posts 21725
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 10 2016 3:08 AM

Hi Ian

Ian Carmichael:
I've had reason over the last week to seek out all English passages which translate the Hebrew khesed

Not sure what you tried but a Bible search (in a reverse-interlinear enabled Bible) should do this for you - the example below searches for the lemma of the word as opposed to a particular form.

The same works for Greek

You can either enter the Greek term directly or use "g:" to signify transliteration (h: works for Hebrew), enter the transliterated word and select the Greek one from the dropdown

There are other approaches but does this give you what you need?

Graham

Posts 26129
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 10 2016 11:30 AM

If you want to limit it to a specific translation add ANDEQUALS translated-word

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8
Ian Carmichael | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 13 2016 8:11 PM

Thanks very much. That's the tip I needed. The lemma search, and then some good use of passage lists gets me exactly what I want.

Top marks for forums. You don't know what you don't know - but somebody does!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS