BUG: Creating visual filter...can't see

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 10 2016 8:04 PM

Trying to add to a visual filter...but I can't see far enough right on the dropdown to see the options.

Posts 25206
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 10 2016 10:36 PM

Do you get on any better if you create the search term in a search window and then paste it into the Visual Filter?

or you could get a bit of extra space if you replaced the "OR" with a "," so:

lemma:term1, lemma:term2

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2016 7:43 AM

I could do those things to get a little more space, but if I'm adding another 20...

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2016 8:05 AM

Graham Criddle:
Do you get on any better if you create the search term in a search window and then paste it into the Visual Filter?

This is the best solution. In search, it only suggests the current word, not the whole thing, so you can always see what you're doing. When you're finished, paste into the Visual Filter.

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2016 8:07 AM

I understand there are workarounds, but this is a bug. The relevant part of the dropdown is not visible.

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2016 8:24 AM

Zak Metz:

I understand there are workarounds, but this is a bug. The relevant part of the dropdown is not visible.

I agree — but it wasn't clear from your original post whether you were reporting a bug or asking for help. If you edit your original post to make that clear (and put "Bug" in the title), then someone from Faithlife will hopefully come along to note the bug in their bug tracker. (Click on the "More button" to edit.)

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2016 8:26 AM

I didn't do that because I wanted to see if I was missing something before reporting it as a bug. I also thought it was MVPs who added that to the title, sort of making it official. I'll do so now. Thanks for the clarification.

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2016 8:29 AM

I can't figure out how to change the title...

Posts 29798
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2016 8:34 AM

Zak Metz:

I can't figure out how to change the title...

There is a time window in which you can edit a post. A forum moderator can change it for you if you tell them what you want the title to be. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2016 8:40 AM

Forum moderator, please prepend "BUG: " to the title of this post. Thanks! -Zak

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS