Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5
David Moticka | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 11 2016 5:02 PM

Hello, how can I do a Bible search for prayer and thanksgiving?  I am looking for all the Biblical references of prayer and thanksgiving in the same passage. 

Posts 9238
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2016 7:03 PM

This is simple but it works.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2016 11:47 PM

David Moticka:
Hello, how can I do a Bible search for prayer and thanksgiving?

Expanded Bible search (with match all word forms) for:

(pray,prayer) (thanks,thanksgiving)

FYI: match all word forms for pray does not include prayer.  Likewise, Thanksgiving does not include Thanks (as a variant word spelling).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 13398
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 12 2016 4:43 AM

David Moticka:

Hello, how can I do a Bible search for prayer and thanksgiving?  I am looking for all the Biblical references of prayer and thanksgiving in the same passage. 

If you mean that you want to find prayers that include thanks, something like this might be better:

(<Sense thanks>, <Sense to be thankful>, <Sense thanksgiving (act)>, <Sense to thank>) WITHIN {Section <Culture = Prayer>}

Posts 77
EdB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 12 2016 9:07 AM

What are the best ways to find 'every' prayer in the bible?

Ed B

Posts 5
David Moticka | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 12 2016 10:37 AM

I could not duplicate your example.  Maybe I should call logos. 

Posts 29087
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 12 2016 11:58 AM

EdB:

What are the best ways to find 'every' prayer in the bible?

That depends a great deal on how you define "prayer" ... which is why the interactive is "Speaking to God". If you are a NOW user that would be your starting point. From it you could select those that meet your definition. Or you could do a search for {Addressee <Person God>} but I think that is also a NOW feature.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 12 2016 6:21 PM

David Moticka:

I could not duplicate your example.  Maybe I should call logos. 

For search to work, indexing must be complete.  What version of Logos or Verbum ?  6.10 SR-2 was recently released.

If have 6.10 SR-2 and search is still not working, please use Logos Support steps:

Windows => https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/windows/report-problem

OS X => https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/mac/report-problem

With many Bibles in my library, have added BibleGrid tag to preferred ones for Bible searching.  Bible Search of "Top Bibles" for:

(pray,prayer) (thanks,thanksgiving)

FYI: my Top "5" Bibles includes a Commentary so right click can use reference for quick way to open commentary.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS