Request: Coverflow view of Library and multitouch "flip" through resources

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 24 2010 2:09 PM

I think it would be very useful, cool and Mac to use a coverflow view to the books of our library. This would put to use the multitouch functions that Macs now have. To flip through Book covers would be a great addition.

Along that same line maybe a preview using the space bar that gives a synopsis of a resource and a couple of pages we can use in a preview window without opening the full book. That's probably my least favorite.

These would help us to identify books and also preview new/unused resources.

As you know the Magic Mouse allows for multitouch as does the trackpad on all current model Mac portables. On my MacBook Pro I can use 3 finger swipe to move forward and back in documents, and webpages. I think using multouch to flip pages through our Bibles and commentaries would be very cool and intuitive Vs. just scrolling endlessly. It would also let it match better with the iPhone app.

Posts 343

That would be totally Mac like!  PC users might end up becoming jealous though.  Perhaps they'll upgrade to a Mac Big Smile

Jason Saling

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 4:27 PM

Great suggestions!

May I add keyboard shortcuts to this list? I find that I'm fastest using my Macbook using a combination of the keyboard and trackpad gestures and and have virtually given up using a mouse for anything.

Logos 4 is great, but the ability to use it quickly is affected by the constant switching between using the trackpad as a pointer and the keyboard.

It's important to think quite carefully about the 'workflow' and makes sure that it really *does* flow! For me, this is what makes things 'Mac-like'.

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 6:01 PM

Cover flow view was mentioned by Bob himself a while back, so take heart! Logos is considering it already.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS