unexpected functionality in Names of God interactive ... but not in a good way

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33453
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 12 2016 3:27 PM

I expected the Names of God interactive to work more off the compound / phrase names and titles rather than the individual words. I understand why for the BWS. But shouldn't the right click menu searches allow the original language phrase (highlighted phrase) to be searched rather than just a single word? Yes, I understand the reuse of code but it leaves this interactive a little shy on usefulness. I'd like to see a function to search for the full name ... and I would like to see the full name transliterated to make it match more easily with the names of God resources (of which I have a dozen or so - see below).

Names of God Bibliography

Dyer, W. (1704). Christ’s famous titles, and A believers golden-chain, handled in divers sermons. Boston, N.E.: B. Green & J. Allen for Nicholas Buttolph at his shop.

Pennington, A. (2013). Daily reflections on the names of god: a devotional. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker.

Richards, L. (2001). Every name of God in the Bible. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson.

Publishing, B., Inc. (2013). His name shall be called: inspiration for the christmas season. Uhrichsville, OH: Barbour.

Vander Meulen, E. L., & Malda, B. D. (2005). His names are wonderful: getting to know God through his hebrew names. Baltimore, MD: Messianic Jewish Publishers.

Horton, T. C., & Hubert, C. (1994). Names of Christ. Chicago: Moody Press.

Publishing, R. (2005). Names of god. Torrance, CA: Rose Publishing.

Stone, N. (1944). Names of God. Chicago: Moody Press.

Spangler, A. (2011). The names of god. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.

Names of God. (2015). Bellingham, WA: Faithlife.

Publishing, R. (2006). Names of jesus. Torrance, CA: Rose Publishing.

Pritchard, R. (1995). Names of the Holy Spirit. Chicago: Moody Press.

Kenny O.P., J. (2011). Powerful Titles of Jesus in the Bible. http://www.josephkenny.joyeurs.com/Names.htm.

Spangler, A. (2009). Praying the names of jesus: a daily guide. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.

Sproul, R. C. (2005). The Unexpected Jesus: The Truth Behind His Biblical Names. Fearn, UK: Christian Focus Publications.

Exported from Verbum, 3:26 PM March 12, 2016.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 855
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 13 2016 9:31 AM

Good suggestion > advocating for a wise (and common sense) integration of "already owned" Logos resources.

Yes

Posts 9629
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 13 2016 1:28 PM

MJ. Smith:
I'd like to see a function to search for the full name ... and I would like to see the full name transliterated to make it match more easily with the names of God resources

That would be an excellent improvement.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS