Video Tutorial: How to Send to Kindle after the "Send to Kindle" service is switched off

Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 55 Replies | 15 Followers

Posts 27276
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 26 2017 7:07 PM

Mark Barnes:
Press CTRL+A then CTRL+SHIFT+F9 to remove all hyperlinks.

On Word for Mac 2016, here is the equivalent:  "If you want to remove multiple hyperlinks, press  COMMAND +A to select all text and then press  COMMAND +6."

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 27276
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 26 2017 7:12 PM

Mark Barnes:
clicking in one, then choose "Select text with similar formatting"

If this is possible in Word for Mac 2016, I don't know how. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 27 2017 10:47 AM

alabama24:
If this is possible in Word for Mac 2016

Yes it is, while in the home view on the ribbon, click on the styles pane in the upper right corner, then you will see a button on the right of that pane that says "select all". Just be sure you are clicked in an area containing the style you'd like to select all instances of

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 108
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 8:46 PM

Would this announcement make things any different?

https://goodereader.com/blog/indie-author-news/kindle-create-available-to-all-authors

Posts 41
Fos Zoe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 31 2017 4:12 PM

I can't adjust font size on my kindle after I down Load the file. Did I do something wrong or is that the way it is?

Posts 1909
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2018 1:52 PM

Mark Barnes:

Jim Poulsen:

Is there a way to filter the library to only show resources that have not been sent to kindle? Or can we automatically create a collection of not sent-to-kindle resources?

No, sorry. 

The only thing you could start doing is look at the books you've sent to Kindle, then tag them with "Kindle" using Library tags, and do this each time you send one to your Kindle, to keep track of it.

Nathan Parker

Posts 1909
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2018 1:52 PM

Are there any advantages to Mark's method versus exporting to PDF instead?

Nathan Parker

Posts 284
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2018 8:35 AM

Nathan Parker:

Are there any advantages to Mark's method versus exporting to PDF instead?

The text is reflowable, therefore much better suited for a small e-reader screen.

Posts 1190
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 23 2018 9:42 PM

Do I have to have Word for this procedure? I am on a Mac and have Pages but I cannot figure out how to select by "style" as Mark shows. Is this a Microsoft thing? I can do it by hand but it's tedious......

Posts 43
David Kim | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 24 2019 9:37 PM

Hello, I am using the latest version of logos, Word, and running the lates MacOS Mojave. I followed your steps but when I paste, send to microsoft word, etc. It's only pasting the last chapter of the book. It's so frustrating :) And, in Logos, I am under the 100 page threshold for the whole book so I don't know what's going on. Any help? 

Posts 2
Mervin Lin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 12:52 AM

David Kim:

Hello, I am using the latest version of logos, Word, and running the lates MacOS Mojave. I followed your steps but when I paste, send to microsoft word, etc. It's only pasting the last chapter of the book. It's so frustrating :) And, in Logos, I am under the 100 page threshold for the whole book so I don't know what's going on. Any help? 

Did you miss out on step 6 where you need to reference the entire book?

Posts 13223
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 3:25 AM

Mervin Lin:

In the video? It's 1:47 in: https://youtu.be/ANfakC6QSlw?t=107 

Posts 2
Mervin Lin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 3:38 AM

Mark Barnes:

Mervin Lin:

In the video? It's 1:47 in: https://youtu.be/ANfakC6QSlw?t=107 

Sorry, Mark was replying to David Kim but forgot to quote. Smile

Posts 43
David Kim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 9:43 AM

Thank you Mark for taking the time to answer my question. So, I finally figured out ... kinda. I try the steps with another book in my library and it had no problem at all. It's my new book that I downloaded that is having an issue for some reason. I bought the book via Vyrso. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Do you know think I should re-download? If so, do you have any idea how I can re-download a book? Thank you again Mark and everyone! 

Posts 13223
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 9:56 AM

David Kim:
I bought the book via Vyrso. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Do you know think I should re-download?

Vyrso books tend not to have page numbers, so that makes it difficult. Re-downloading won't help.

Instead, you'll have to check all the boxes in the "Use these sections" column. Boxes that have sub-sections (you can tell by the arrow next to the box) should be clicked with the right mouse button, not the left. That will eanble you to "select all" the sub-sections.

Posts 3
Rene Hamburger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2019 2:53 PM

Thanks for sharing this, Mark!

For those who are missing the convenient, clickable Logos' Bible references on Kindle and are using Microsoft Word on Windows, you can give the Word add-in Blinx a try. It converts the Logos Bible references to hyperlinks pointing to an online Bible and (more importantly) adds footnotes with the Bible passage to each of them. The generic footnote symbol being used can then be clicked on your Kindle to display the passage.

Once you've installed Blinx, instead of removing all hyperlinks at the beginning of step 8 in Mark's instructions, do the following:

• Press CTRL+A and then ALT+B to convert all links and add the passage footnotes.

You will need to adjust the Logos "Copy Bible Verses" settings to determine the Bible version and format of the passage being inserted. (Unless you have BibleWorks installed, which allows Blinx to determine the Bible version and format itself and is currently checked first.)

Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS