Bug? New created notes not editable.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Patrick Fischer | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 17 2016 7:03 AM

Hi,

hope this is the right way to address this, I am new to Logos. Currently I am copying and pasting my notes from another Software into Logos manually and now several times at a certain point if I create a new note, the note appears in the right notebook, but if I click on it to insert my text, focus jumps to another note, totally unrelated to this, leaving me unable to edit the newly created note.

This behavior continues until I completely close Logos and re- open it again. As I do a lot regarding notes at the moment, this is very annoying :-(Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?

I am using Logos 6 in German on a MacBook Pro.

Thanks a lot,

Patrick

Posts 26511
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 20 2016 2:27 PM

Welcome to the forums. Sorry you have not gotten a reply. I'm bumping this in hopses that someone on a Mac will answer.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 9:07 PM

Patrick Fischer:
Currently I am copying and pasting my notes from another Software into Logos manually and now several times at a certain point if I create a new note, the note appears in the right notebook, but if I click on it to insert my text, focus jumps to another note, totally unrelated to this, leaving me unable to edit the newly created note.

Welcome Big Smile

Support has diagnostic logging utility => https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/mac/report-problem

Anticipate developers would appreciate log files and sample when a newly created note is not editable.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 11:26 PM

Hey Patrick

by the Way if you have your Notes in Word, create a Personal Book That is much faster ;-)

Sascha

Posts 9
Patrick Fischer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2016 12:11 AM

Hi all,

thanks a lot for the warm welcome! I think I'll try to get the logfiles - as it stated that this is to be done when Logos itself crashes (what it does not - the program stays responsive) and seemed to be complicated with software to be installed etc.  I did not do this so far. Hope it helps. Logos is also quite slow on my mac, by far not as responsive as other reader programs - maybe there is another problem?

I found out in the meantime that, when you create a fake note after the faulty one, and delete that one you can edit the original (faulty) one afterwards. Strange.

Sascha, If I make my notes a personal book, I can't replicate them on my iPad as far as I know, right? :-((( Furthermore my current notes are within OliveTree and they have no way to export my own notes - the main reason why I switched to Logos. Now I can copy them only one by one from OliveTree until they are finally "free" :-D

Patrick

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2016 12:58 AM

Patrick Fischer:
Logos is also quite slow on my mac, by far not as responsive as other reader programs - maybe there is another problem?

Please describe your MacBook Pro hardware ? CPU, Memory, Storage

Logos is a resource intensive application with many more capabilities than other reader programs since was designed for Bible Study.

Thankful for Solid State Disk (SSD) and PCIe flash storage notably improving Logos responsiveness.

Patrick Fischer:
If I make my notes a personal book, I can't replicate them on my iPad as far as I know, right

Currently mobile apps by Faithlife cannot sync personal books.

One idea is iPad split screen with cloud drive (iCloud, Google Drive,...) document for editing, which can be downloaded as docx followed by updating personal book in Logos on MacBook Pro.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9
Patrick Fischer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2016 4:16 AM

It is a 2014 MacBook Pro Retina, Core i5 2,8 GHz, 16GB Memory. Logos installed on main SSD. Should be enough, I guess? :-)

Still if I open up a single annotation by clicking on the icon in the text, it appears to be empty for 1-2 seconds until the text appears. I have closed all other applications, also rebooted - behavior is the same. It works but feels "slow" especially if you are searching for something and want to go swiftly over more than one note at a time.

I have no such problems with other programs, be it e-mail, readers or whatever. But I do not want to complain as long as it works, I was just wondering if this might have something to do with the issue above ... :-D

Posts 262
LogosEmployee
Steve Workman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2016 1:46 PM

Sorry to hear about the difficulties trying to copy and paste notes into Logos.  I attempted to replicate the behavior you are describing but I have been unsuccessful.  Would you please post logs from this event?  (Mac logging)  With the logs I can get this forwarded on to a developer to look into the problem further.

Posts 9
Patrick Fischer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2016 1:18 PM

Hi Steve,

thank you for your support - attached there is a report when the problem occured (hope it worked :)

Patrick

8510.LogosLogs.pat.20160330-221424.zip

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS