Unexpected/Sudden Breakthrough: The Sacred Books of the East (50 vols.)

Page 3 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 57 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 274
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 8:57 AM

James McAdams:

Well, we're back to $65, at least!

That's good. Come on $60!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 11:18 AM

Thankful for drop to $ 65 while dreaming of more bids of $ 65 (new or increase smaller bids) that could reduce closing price for all.

=> https://www.logos.com/product/16532/the-sacred-books-of-the-east

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 443
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 11:52 AM

Jacob Hantla:

That's crazy. an't say I've ever seen a community pricing go up in price. I wonder if people misunderstand the concept and lowered their bids to try to get the price to go lower. 

Note: If you bid $80, you also bid $75, $70, $65, $60, etc. So if you want it to go lower, the best way to do that is to get more people to bid, not lower your bid.

It's odd that it almost seems to have dropped across the board. Is it possible that Faithlife adjusted the threshold upward (i.e., by raising the minimum production cost necessary for putting it into production)? That may not be the case here, but they have occasionally revised the minimum production cost, even sometimes lowering it to get community-pricing resources across the line. Otherwise, perhaps a number of users lowered their bids or dropped them altogether (as you suggested).

Regardless, this set would be an exceptional value for $60 or $65 (respectively at $1.20 or $1.30 per volume). Just a couple days left to bid!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 12:12 PM

Adam Olean:
It's odd that it seems to have dropped across the board.

Sometimes have observed drop of higher bid progress after closing date is set.  Noted progress of $ 80 bids has decreased relative to $ 75 since closing was set.  Also relative progress of $ 65 compared to $ 70 has increased (slope downward is nearly horizontal).

Adam Olean:
Regardless, this set would be an exceptional value for $60 or $65 (respectively at $1.20 or $1.30 per volume). Just a couple days left to bid!

For $ 60 closing, need more bids of $ 60 of higher, which could be a combination of new bids and existing bids being increased ($ 50 still has a bidding bump) => https://www.logos.com/product/16532/the-sacred-books-of-the-east

Note: a bid is amount willing to pay for resource; payment does not happen until item ships, which has ranged from a few weeks to a few years.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 443
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 12:32 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Adam Olean:
It's odd that it seems to have dropped across the board.

Sometimes have observed drop of higher bid progress after closing date is set.  Noted progress of $ 80 bids has decreased relative to $ 75 since closing was set.  Also relative progress of $ 65 compared to $ 70 has increased (slope downward is nearly horizontal).

Adam Olean:

For $ 60 closing, need more bids of $ 60 of higher, which could be a combination of new bids and existing bids being increased ($ 50 still has a bidding bump) => https://www.logos.com/product/16532/the-sacred-books-of-the-east

Note: a bid is amount willing to pay for resource; payment does not happen until item ships, which has ranged from a few weeks to a few years.

Keep Smiling Smile

Thanks, Keep Smiling, that makes sense. I did notice that $50 and other prices have risen a bit (relative to other higher bids), and it does takes more bidders to raise the line at $50 (or other lower bids) than at $80. Anyway, I personally wouldn't want to miss it for $0.10 to $0.20 per volume, since, as you and others have said, those bidding $55 and under could raise their maximum bids and push the price down to $60. A few new bidders wouldn't hurt either!

Posts 5315
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2016 10:43 AM

Just a reminder: 

Bidding closes at 12:00pm (PST) on Friday, 3/25/2016. Don’t miss out!

Bids $65 will succeed and with enough interest may go down. If you want this and have a bid currently lower than $65 you will need to move it... My bid is still at $100 US... you end up paying what the closing bid is, so currently I and everyone who has bid $65 and over will get it for that... anyone lower will miss out and I hate the thought of someone missing out on a set like this over  a few cents per volume... Just trying to give people fair warning.

-Dan

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2016 7:10 AM

Dan Francis:

Just a reminder: 

Bidding closes at 12:00pm (PST) on Friday, 3/25/2016. Don’t miss out!

Bids $65 will succeed and with enough interest may go down. If you want this and have a bid currently lower than $65 you will need to move it... My bid is still at $100 US... you end up paying what the closing bid is, so currently I and everyone who has bid $65 and over will get it for that... anyone lower will miss out and I hate the thought of someone missing out on a set like this over  a few cents per volume... Just trying to give people fair warning.

-Dan

Last chance, people - listen to Dan! And we still have time to get it down to $60.00!

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2016 7:24 AM

Yasmin Stephen:
Last chance, people - listen to Dan! And we still have time to get it down to $60.00!

We can do this! A few more that raise their vote or jump for it. This is the last day!

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2016 5:12 AM

This is still (!?!) open for bidding - don't miss this opportunity!

https://www.logos.com/product/16532/the-sacred-books-of-the-east 

(Can you tell I'm still hoping it'll go down to $60.00? Roll EyesBig Smile)

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2016 5:17 AM

Yasmin Stephen:

My guess is that it is still open for bids because it temporarily dipped below the break-even point.  The only problem with that is that the $80 price point has always continued to meet the break-even point.  On the other hand, perhaps it's just an Easter present.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2016 11:22 AM

Yasmin Stephen:

https://www.logos.com/product/16532/the-sacred-books-of-the-east 

(Can you tell I'm still hoping it'll go down to $60.00? Roll EyesBig Smile)

Noted progress of $ 65 bids has increased relative to $ 70 plus $ 60 progress is creeping closer to 100 % of estimated production costs:

(+1 Yes hoping for closing price to go down more) plus Thankful for $ 65 progress.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4401
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2016 11:24 AM

George Somsel:

Yasmin Stephen:

My guess is that it is still open for bids because it temporarily dipped below the break-even point.  The only problem with that is that the $80 price point has always continued to meet the break-even point.  On the other hand, perhaps it's just an Easter present.

Good Friday was yesterday, which may also have something to do with it.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2016 11:36 AM

SineNomine:
Good Friday was yesterday, which may also have something to do with it.

That is the most likely answer.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5315
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2016 10:12 PM

Bidding still not closed.. one last chance...

-Dan

Posts 9405
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2016 3:54 AM

Dan Francis:

We are experiencing a period of grace. Perhaps with some more bids it could be reduced even more.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2016 7:11 AM

Bruce Dunning:
We are experiencing a period of grace. Perhaps with some more bids it could be reduced even more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apIqbOQZNj4 

george
gfsomsel

Posts 274
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2016 11:58 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Dan Francis:

Bidding still looks to be open!

Posts 9405
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2016 3:18 AM

Average Joe:

Bruce Dunning:

Dan Francis:

Bidding still looks to be open!

My guess is that it will end this Friday so place your bid while the opportunity lasts.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 3 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS