I do not understand. Logos sales & emails

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 279
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 17 2016 5:29 PM

Just to be upfront, I am a Logos fan, satisfied customer, and not a critic. However, I do not understand an issue I have had repeatedly.  First some background. My first few years with Logos, I had a relationship with a sales rep that I contacted for everything. After a while, they became less responsive to email and hard to catch by phone. I do not like to call in and prefer to have prices in emails rather than verbally. On more than one occasion in recent years, I emailed sales in response to "special deals" that required contacting Logos or wishing to see if further discounts were available. To my knowledge I never received a response to any of them. More than once, I wound up calling in because I was anxious to make a purchase and needed a response.  I once chatted with a Logos sales rep that popped up on the Logos homepage, but now I do not see the chat option there any longer.

Not long ago, Logos went through the big lay offs that resulted in many sales reps losing jobs. Sad to see people lose jobs, but with today's technology I could see why fewer sales reps could be necessary. Yesterday, because my sales rep was one that lost his job, I emailed sales@logos.com with a specific question and an intention to make a $300 purchase. After receiving the standard automated response, I have still not received a reply even after more than 24 hours.  It's just like it was when all of the sales reps were there. 

I do not understand why this repeatedly happens and why Logos doesn't make this more of a priority - especially in light of moving to a different sales model.

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 5:44 PM

Hi Greg

Good luck with this. My experience is different (fortunately) in that I seem to get a response within a day all the time apart from one specific incident where I asked an odd question and they took 2 days to see if they could help. At all other times i get responses back quite quickly.  Good luck with it. i hope they sort things out for you. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 5:59 PM

Greg Corbin:
My first few years with Logos, I had a relationship with a sales rep that I contacted for everything.

When I had a Logos Sales Rep Faithlife got about $800 a month from me. Now it is just basically Pre-Pubs.   

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1080
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 6:07 PM

I've had a similar experience with the email address. It upset me the couple of times I didn't get a response, and the reply of some mvps was to call in if it's important. 

It shouldn't be that way. If they have a system, they should adequately cover it. They need to implement some kind of triage system.

I don't use the email anymore, And I'm not a fan of calling in, so it's probably translated into fewer sales. But I mostly shrug it off now.

Posts 279
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 6:23 PM

William Gabriel:

I don't use the email anymore, And I'm not a fan of calling in, so it's probably translated into fewer sales. But I mostly shrug it off now.

My sentiments, exactly. The whole point is to get/encourage sales. Non-responsiveness discourages sales. I am very busy and much prefer email to calling. 

Posts 3051
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 7:10 PM

The running joke at a university where I once worked was, "This would be a great place to work if it weren't for all these students."

Perhaps the attitude of some has become, "This would be a great place to work if it weren't for all these customers."

I hope not. I don't see how a business can persevere for long if that mentality takes over. Perhaps they are so busy with other customers, they aren't able to get back to you in a timely manner. That would be excusable.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1080
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 7:36 PM

Greg Corbin:

William Gabriel:

My sentiments, exactly. The whole point is to get/encourage sales. Non-responsiveness discourages sales. I am very busy and much prefer email to calling. 

What's interesting is that I get calls from a couple of the salesmen, and I'll chat with them if I have the time. They're very friendly.

However, I feel like when I call in, more times than not I'm bothering whoever's on the other end of the line. I am respectful and courteous on the phone, but I have gotten rude and/or condescending answers back to some questions.

So that's the second reason I don't call in (the attitude), and the first/main reason is that I simply prefer asynchronous communication. I can get a lot more done if I can pipeline my communications.

Posts 537
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 7:57 PM

My idea ; why call? Why don't Logos put all their discounts upfront online? 

Posts 1101
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 8:15 PM

With the upgrade to Logos 6 I e-mailed what i was thinking about doing to my sales rep and even though I am in Central Asia. He got back with me in just a few hours. The next day I set a time to call and him after a short talk to correct what i wanted he then sent a discount price via e-mail, I then confirmed the order with him. 

Note: this was at the peck of the Logos 6 release.

I think with the up coming Logos 7 release sometime later this year Logos/FL does need to address better sales training. I mean train the people they do have and keep them on the employed. Explain to the sales staff that "the attitude" is very important to customers.

I am old school in that I remember ( the customer is always right ) if you want our money, you really need to keep us happy about the product.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 3349
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 10:33 PM

I never have experience like you. With a Salesmen, or now my Responds is within a Day and they are real friendly and and DO almost everything to help, even pray with me.

BUT

I just saw this in your Post " I emailed sales@logos.com"

I never use this Email. I use cs@logos.com Or the Chat on the Store, or the Email witch stays there.

SO could it be this sales Email is out of Order???

Sascha

Posts 4134
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 11:39 PM

I can emphatise and verify this problem.

The first time I emailed sales I was all excited to buy, and it took several days for the generic sales@logos to get back to me. But I started a relationship with a guy, and made a number of purchases from him. Funds got tight (seminary student!) purchases tapered off, I found something I needed, and so I emailed in. 2 weeks later I got a response, by which point I had already made the purchase on the website. Then a week or so later Rusty Davidson emailed me and said basically "hey I see you bought XY&Z, if we return those, and if you buy package ZZZ you'll get all of X, all of Y, All of Z, and all these other books too. AND it will cost less money.

Needless to say I was a very happy customer for a long time with Rusty.

Greg Wheeler was another one who would email me from time to time "hey today only, let me tell you about this deal that will save you a bundle".

Both gone.

Cliff is going to be my new guy. But I'm trying to pay down my debt, so there will likely not be any new purchases for a time. Maybe L7.

I like Cliff, and we've become facebook friends.

Any way, if you need someone to get back to you quickly, he's Cliff.Kvidahl at faithlife.com

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 249
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2016 12:26 AM

Like many of you I haven't had a good experience with the generic email addresses at Faithlife. I always try now to contact someone personally.  In fact often when I contact the cs team I mention by name in my email someone who has helped me before. However, after losing my first sales rep. in the downsizing,  I followed the recommendation by a few others on one of the forum threads. I have been using Todd Cullop for a couple of months and have found him to be friendly, thorough, and really good at responding quickly to my emails, even though I am in the UK and often email out of hours. It's not been a long time but we have exchanged 20 emails. So I can echo abondservant about a good experience with a sales rep. Todd is todd.cullop at faithlife.com

Colin

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2016 1:26 AM

I have built a win-win relationship with a specific salesperson: I run all my purchases through him whenever possible and he gives me the best deals and good service. I typically get hold of him by going on the chat and asking for him (they can transfer the chat to someone specific). Occasionally, I use email if he is out. Typically he will respond even when he is off work or on weekend, though the transaction itself may have to wait that he returns to the office. I am very satisfied.

I would assume, however, that not all salespersons are necessarily as good in providing customer service. I would really recommend to everyone to try to develop a privileged relationship with one salesperson rather than use generic sales email addresses or leaving phone messages. 

Posts 29270
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2016 5:41 AM

Francis:
I would assume, however, that not all salespersons are necessarily as good in providing customer service.

...plus, customers and agents have their own schedules and patterns. Some will reply more readily at the time of day/week that you wish them to. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2016 9:50 AM

Consider this:

• When a Sales Rep saves a buyer money, Faithlife loses money.
  • The workforce cuts last Fall included some of the most favorite Sales Reps.
  • Faithlife has made "price adjustments" (mostly increases) across the board.

Is it wise to help Faithlife to identify Sales Reps we consider "good" for saving us money?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 31
-- | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2016 10:10 AM

I think it's time for a Logos reboot for sales and marketing.

* From my experience, price increases are around 6-8% per annum.  It's a bit mystifying since, theoretically, the cost of developing a Logos-fied version of a book has been sunk a long time ago, so the only ongoing cost is that of licensing.  Even if the license were 50% of the purchase price, it would be hard to imagine that publishers are demanding 12-16% price increases each year.

* When something is full price one day and then 45% off the next, customers tend to feel that they're either in a mattress store or legacy airline.  This obfuscates point #1 above to a certain degree, but it shows just how "flexible" pricing truly can be.  Even at 45% off, I doubt such items are loss leaders for FL.

So, increasingly, pricing feels cartoonish: regular prices are far beyond that of their print counterparts (or even Kindle editions!).  Going from comments I've seen in other forums, the vast majority of FL revenue comes from a small group of repeat buyers, i.e. us.  Most folks apparently buy once and are done.  But with actions that can be considered monopolistic by some, I think FL risks alienating a growing amount of its most important user base.

Posts 249
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2016 10:13 AM

You make some interesting points Matthew! For me though, your first point is a hypothetical since I certainly haven't been given access to any special deals through a salesperson that were not available on the web-site, and I always do my research carefully before I buy. 

One alternative angle on your first point is that the sales rep in the example above from abondservant (I wish I knew his name as that is too long to type each time I want to refer to him!) most likely also recommended additional resources and, in the end, brought in a greater volume of sales as a result of identifying that saving, even though the customer ended up paying less for the individual products. In my first month I ended up spending $1200 more than I had initially intended as a result of the salesperson. 

In any case, for me, a salesperson gives a personal face to Faithlife. Regardless of how much the functionality of the web-site improves, I (along with many others I think) prefer to have some kind of personal relationship with a member of staff, aside from the sporadic and inconsistent responses from staff members on forums like this. It's great to have a go-to-guy that you have a connection with.   

As for your third point, yes some of these were mentioned on the Logos Facebook freebies site and they coincide with and most likely explain the increases I noticed on base package upgrades (see here https://community.logos.com/forums/p/124132/810615.aspx#810615 ). Though here (https://community.logos.com/forums/p/123397/806127.aspx#806127 ) Faithlife did say they reduced some prices too. 

Colin

Posts 2112
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2016 11:54 AM

Thanks for the feedback, and sorry for the lack of response to our sales email address. We're digging in to try to figure out what's happening and will report back when we have a clearer picture of what's happening and what we'll do to address it.

Posts 1418
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2016 5:50 PM

Unfortunately, I have had the same issue, but with emailing actual people. I'm not gonna call anyone out, but I have emailed two different people in the last 10 days or so, and neither of them have yet to reply to me - one of which who had called me recently to get me to buy a few products (I said I wasn't ready, but to email his contact info and I'll keep if for when I need something. Well...I needed something - just a week later - and emailed him, but didn't hear back from him. LOL). Wondering if they are that swamped? Maybe the reduction in staff has them with more customer contact than they can manage? Just conjecture...

Also, has the chat box been disabled? I used in earlier in the week. Went to use it today to speak with a sales person about the questions I had emailed the two above about, and it was not present. For at least an hour or two. And still isn't there now. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 61
Dean Stow | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2016 6:07 PM

Greg Corbin:

I emailed sales@logos.com with a specific question and an intention to make a $300 purchase. After receiving the standard automated response, I have still not received a reply even after more than 24 hours.  

If it helps, I have had very good experiences with the Chat that pops up.  These people have been very knowledgeable and helpful.  I realize it is not the same as talking to a person on the phone (which I prefer as well), but it has not been a negative experience for me.

As I said... if it helps.

Dean

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS