Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 12:15 PM

Mark Barnes:

Bohuslav Wojnar:

I have an European version of Boyue T62+ called Energy Sistem, assembled and customized in Spain. I like it very much but the only thing I would really appreciate to figure out would be the use of hardware buttons. I found myself to tend to use more the native reader then Logos and Kindle just because of the very poor sliding experience. Is there any way Logos would use those some day?

There's a post somewhere from a FL employee (Kevin, perhaps) to say that they've purchased an e-Ink device and will look into what additional support might be useful. No promises yet, though.

...sounds quite optimistic to me. Yes It would be great. Thanks for that information.

Reading books on the e-ink reader is so nice and easy on my eyes. And to install Logos and Vyrso on that Spanish version of Boyue T62+ (Energy Sistem) was without any problems, directly via GooglePlay. No need to do any tricks.

Bohuslav

Posts 76
Aaron W | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2016 6:29 AM

After a few days with this device, I must say, I am quite disappointed.

This Boyue is painfully slow.  Not just "laggy" slow, but "boot-up-Logos-brew-a-pot-of-coffee-drink-cup-or-two-then-come-back-to-see-if-it-has-loaded" slow.  Am I doing something wrong here?  I constantly get messages about the application hanging and asking if I should wait or quit the app.  Not sure if I've done something wrong here in the setup.

Any suggestions as far as the speed goes?  I really liked the idea of this thing at first, but maybe my expectations were a bit too high.  It is just painfully slow.

Maybe I just don't know how to use an Android, but when I hit the Logos app on my iPad, it's so snappy. Same with the Kindle app.

On the Boyue, everything is painfully slow. EVERYTHING.  Maybe a clean device would be in order and I should just start over?  I really haven't done much except install Google services/Play (which I regret, but it was suggested somewhere to install them.)

Sorry for the negativity, but I am a bit frustrated with this thing.

Posts 366
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2016 3:21 PM

my boyue t62d takes 42 seconds to boot.  the Bible app (only app installed other than google play) takes 33 seconds to start and open up to the document i was reading.  quite happy with the performance. 

i haven't found the right touch for scrolling though.  wish it were better.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2016 4:53 PM

Aaron W:
On the Boyue, everything is painfully slow. EVERYTHING.  Maybe a clean device would be in order and I should just start over?  I really haven't done much except install Google services/Play (which I regret, but it was suggested somewhere to install them.)

I'd remove Google Services/Play. It will kill the battery, and slow down the device.

The Boyue is not fast by any means, but you should find performance acceptable most of the time. This is what I do to try and maintain decent performance:

1. Don't install background services you don't need.
  2. Don't use multiple apps — just Logos and Kindle.
  3. Don't shut down the Boyue when not in use. Instead, turn WiFi off to preserve the battery.
  4. In Logos, if you can, use the History list to switch resources, not the Library (press and hold back to get this list). I find the library is the slowest part of the app.
Posts 76
Aaron W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2016 6:14 AM

Thanks for the feedback.  I have done just that.  I reformatted and only installed Kindle and Logos and it working a bit faster.

One MAJOR issue I'm having, though, is that I cannot figure out how to change pages!  In the IOS version, on my iPad, it's a simple flick left or right, but what gives with the Android version?  It is unbelievably inconsistent.  Sometimes it flips forward, sometimes backwards, sometimes nothing for a few seconds.  It's driving me nuts!  Am I missing something with this version or is this just the way it is?

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2016 6:35 AM

Aaron W:
Sometimes it flips forward, sometimes backwards, sometimes nothing for a few seconds.

It's "tap on the right margin", or "swipe left". Personally I find tapping easier, but you have to do it right at the edge. Usually the page turn will be pretty instant, occasionally you have to wait a few seconds.

Posts 76
Aaron W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2016 7:29 AM

Ahh, I think my troubles seem to be related to the "Always show book controls" or whatever that setting is.  My swipes don't seem to be recognized with any consistency without this enabled.

Posts 366
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2016 12:10 PM

Aaron W:

Ahh, I think my troubles seem to be related to the "Always show book controls" or whatever that setting is.  My swipes don't seem to be recognized with any consistency without this enabled.

I turned on that setting also and page navigation seems more consistent.  Thanks for the tip!

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2016 12:44 PM

Robert Neely:
I turned on that setting also and page navigation seems more consistent.  Thanks for the tip!

That is exactly my frustration also (turning the pages). That is why it would be so nice if the hardware buttons would work.

Bohuslav

Posts 76
Aaron W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 17 2016 5:22 AM

Oh man, I do hope they implement that!  That would be absolutely magnificent. 

Posts 59
Chris Gardner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 11:19 AM

So which e-ink device would you purchase for logos and kindle today if you were buying?  I love the idea of using the app and my highlights transferring over etc.  If you were to start today what would you go with?  I really only need logos and kindle or at least I think that is true. :) 

Posts 771
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 12:14 PM

Chris Gardner:

So which e-ink device would you purchase for logos and kindle today if you were buying?  I love the idea of using the app and my highlights transferring over etc.  If you were to start today what would you go with?  I really only need logos and kindle or at least I think that is true. :) 

Check out this discussion: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/168597.aspx

Posts 59
Chris Gardner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 4:33 PM

Thanks.  Couldn't find another one that was more updated.  Thanks for sending the link. 

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS