BUG: Bible Word Study Clause participant section builds red line search arguments

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 20 2016 11:42 PM

The Search built by the Clause Participant section in semantic role form builds search arguments that get a red box for being invalid.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 12:27 AM
Presumably the issue is related to the LHB being selected as opposed to SBLGNT
Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 12:31 AM

Yes, but that is how they built it ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 1:44 AM

MJ. Smith:

Yes, but that is how they built it ...

Indeed!

As a workround, constraining the BWS to just the New Testament causes the correct search to be built.

And then, strangely, it seems to continue working even if switching back to "All Passages"Smile

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 2:07 AM

Yeah, but for documentation I don't want a work around. I want it to work Crying

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 2:16 AM

MJ. Smith:

Yeah, but for documentation I don't want a work around. I want it to work Crying

Agreed - but are you able to verify (for troubleshooting purposes) that switching to New Testament and then switching back to All Passages results in it working properly?

Posts 262
LogosEmployee
Steve Workman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 10:05 AM

When I replicated your search it cooperated by grabbing The Greek New Testament: SBL Edition automatically, in order to replicate your results I needed to prioritize the Lexham Hebrew Bible.  It appears to be yielding these results due to the prioritization of your library.

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 11:01 AM

Steve Workman:
I needed to prioritize the Lexham Hebrew Bible.  It appears to be yielding these results due to the prioritization of your library.

I've just prioritised my LHB to highest in my list (it wasn't prioritised before) and I still can't reproduce the problem again

I did once before - as per my earlier post - but haven't been able to since switching the range to NT and then back again.

Posts 24444
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 1:03 PM

The Clause Search is part of my layout and if already set at LHB (or LXX Swete) it is not changed to SBLGNT when the search is run from BWS. All are prioritised i.e

LXX Swete

SBLGNT

LHB

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS