Logos 4 can not see any Logos materials

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Dwayne Doty | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 21 2016 1:53 AM

I am not able to see any book. Can not download my resources, etc. 

This happened before when my laptop crashed and I had to install Logos in the new laptop. Remotely the staff at Logos read the licence in my computer, flipped a switch and I was able to have access to my Logos resources. 

Now, the same problem has occurred. New laptop and can not use any of the Logos resources.

Any suggestions? 

Dwayne

Posts 10691
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 2:05 AM

Welcome to the Logos user forums! 

Dwayne Doty:

New laptop and can not use any of the Logos resources.

(aside: I'm not sure why you install Logos 4 on a new laptop when the Logos 6 engine is free which will give you all of your L4 features and resources plus more functionality, current bugfixes and the ability to use new and updated resources that no longer work under L4)

Logos should automatically download your library from Faithlife's servers. If it doesn't, you may use the command "update resources" in the command box in the top middle of the screen    

• Make sure you are logged in to Logos with the exact same email address associated with your account at the Logos license servers - otherwise the system won't know that it is your library
  • Make sure you don't have a private firewall / antivirus blocking newly installed programs from accessing the internet
  • Depending on the size of your library, there will be several GB to download, so you would need to give it some time 

If you restart Logos with the Ctrl-key held down, it will write a logfile named logos.log in the folder Logos Log Files under (My) Documents which you could attach with the forum editor's paperclip icon to a reply to this post. It will give some information about what's going on. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 28374
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 4:52 AM

Dwayne - I concur with Mick - the first place to start is to download and install the L6 engine. See link in my signature line. Make sure to Use the right credentials (email/password). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2
Dwayne Doty | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 7:12 AM

Hi

Thanks for the quick response. 

Actually I did download the new Logos 6 engine. The problem is with identity so says the message when I attempt to open the Logos icon. I get this message, Logos can't open be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed. 

I am using the same email address but changed the password March 16.  I'll keep on working on it.

Thanks

Posts 10691
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 7:39 AM

Dwayne Doty:
I get this message, Logos can't open be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed. 

I know what the issue is: You bought the wrong machine, it seems someone slipped you a Mac instead of a PC Wink

Googling for that error message brought that this seems to be quite common on Macs.

I saw a fix for that, probably it will work for Logos as well - Alabama may be better able to help you.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 28374
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 8:04 AM

Dwayne Doty:

Hi

Thanks for the quick response. 

Actually I did download the new Logos 6 engine. The problem is with identity so says the message when I attempt to open the Logos icon. I get this message, Logos can't open be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed. 

I am using the same email address but changed the password March 16.  I'll keep on working on it.

Thanks

This isn't a Logos issue, nor is it a bug. OSX has different security settings. Currently, you have it set to only allow apps purchased through the Mac App Store (or digitally signed). This prevents viruses and spamware, but also prevents Logos from installing. Does the link Mick provided give the solution? I'm standing in line on my phone, so I can't check my Mac at present. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS