Upgrade AppleTV Question

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 997
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 23 2016 10:43 AM

I am thinking about upgrading my 2nd generation AppleTV to the current model (4).  I've looked here in the FaithlifeTV forum to see if there were comments about doing so, but I'm not really seeing anything other than one particular thread back in December where there apparently some issues.

Is anyone using the current AppleTV for FaithlifeTV and MobilEd?  If so, how is it working?  Any recommendation on the amount of memory?

Posts 978
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 11:01 AM

Unless you are going to install a lot of games or other large apps, I don't think there's much advantage to the 64GB model. Our Apple TV app doesn't have all the features of the Roku app yet, but we plan to catch it up eventually.

Posts 997
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2016 5:13 AM

Is there a list of features and a comparison chart that I could see?  Curious as to what may be missing from ATV at this time.

Posts 2977
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2016 6:40 AM

I'm using the current Faithlife TV app on Apple TV to watch some of the mobileEd course videos with my family. It works well but for some reason not all my mobileEd videos appear on the app. The ones that are there are fine.

I agree with Dave that at this time based on the size of the apps available, unless you were planning on downloading a ton of games, the 64 GB apple tv seems overkill

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 978
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2016 3:50 PM

The main thing that's missing on Apple TV is tracking your progress through a video and picking up where you left off.

The remaining Mobile Ed videos will be available later today or early next week.

Posts 997
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2016 5:06 PM

Thanks for that info.  Is there a projected timeframe on when that will be added?  2Q?  3Q?  4Q?  Other?

Posts 978
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2016 7:51 AM

I don't have a specific timeframe, but I'd be surprised if it went past 2Q.

Posts 618
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 10 2016 6:43 PM

Dave Dunkin (Faithlife):

The main thing that's missing on Apple TV is tracking your progress through a video and picking up where you left off.

The remaining Mobile Ed videos will be available later today or early next week.

Hello Dave, I'm still missing courses on both the AppleTV and the Faithlife TV web site.  Any updates regarding when the additional content will appear? I'm especially interested in access via AppleTV.  (see also: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/124359/813471.aspx#813471)

Posts 978
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 8:57 AM

Patrick, who was working on this, is out of the office. I don't know why there are a couple video series that didn't make it in, but Patrick will figure it out when he gets back.

Posts 618
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 6:32 PM

Thanks, Dave!

Posts 997
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2016 12:50 PM

I have a follow-up question ... Are the Mobile Ed courses loaded onto the AppleTV?  Or are they streamed from the library on my desktop computer?  Or maybe some other arrangement?

Posts 978
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2016 2:13 PM

The videos are streamed from the internet.

Posts 997
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2016 3:46 PM

ty

Posts 997
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 10:51 AM

I finally purchased a 32GB AppleTV to upgrade my older version.  I'm really enjoying having that content on my large screen.

Smile

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS