Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 32 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 182
Andrew Zoll | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 1 2016 7:51 PM

I just had "Supernatural" and its companion study guide by Michael Heiser appear in my library. I'm not sure why this is, since the Logos Now resources are 6 other volumes this month. I really cannot understand why this has happened. I'm certainly not unhappy about it, but I'm trying to find out if this is simply a cruel April Fool's joke and it will be removed before long.

💻 MacBook Pro (15-inch 2018) | 2.9 GHz i9 6 core | 32GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB | 1TB SSD💻
💾 MacOS Big Sur 11.0 Beta💾
🎁Logos 7 Portfolio🎁 Logos 9 Reformed Silver🎁
⌨Logos 9 Full Feature Upgrade⌨

Posts 9305
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2016 8:13 PM

Andrew Zoll:
I just had "Supernatural" and its companion study guide by Michael Heiser appear in my library.

I will refrain from the obvious answer.

However, I, too, find it is in my library, and have no 'normal' explanation for its appearance

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 286
Mathew Voth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2016 8:16 PM

I have it now too! And I am not even a Now subscriber. Perhaps they've given it to people who own The Unseen Realm? Seeing as it is essentially an abridgement this would seem to make some sense...

???

Posts 29743
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2016 8:38 PM

Think Faithlife group with temporary access for a month then permanent ownership ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 28585
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2016 8:49 PM

MJ. Smith:

Think Faithlife group with temporary access for a month then permanent ownership ...

To elaborate slightly: 

There is a Faithlife group which FL uses to give away a free resource once a month... or so. A "temporary" license is granted, which is supposed to turn into a permanent license at the end of the month. I have no idea why that is the case. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10919
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2016 3:24 AM

alabama24:
There is a Faithlife group which FL uses to give away a free resource once a month... or so. A "temporary" license is granted, which is supposed to turn into a permanent license at the end of the month. I have no idea why that is the case. 

You could either call it unmerited grace, or a reward for steadfastness to the group, or looking forward to the next month, or customer binding....

I'm thanful for it.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1401
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2016 5:14 AM

alabama24:

There is a Faithlife group which FL uses to give away a free resource once a month... or so. A "temporary" license is granted, which is supposed to turn into a permanent license at the end of the month.

Link: https://faithlife.com/faithlife-free-book/activity

Last month's free book was John Milton's Paradise Lost.

NB.Mick:

You could either call it unmerited grace, or a reward for steadfastness to the group, or looking forward to the next month, or customer binding....

I'm thanful for it.

+1 Yes

Posts 182
Andrew Zoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2016 7:09 AM

MJ. Smith:

And once again, points to MJ for knowing exactly what's going on. Thanks!

💻 MacBook Pro (15-inch 2018) | 2.9 GHz i9 6 core | 32GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB | 1TB SSD💻
💾 MacOS Big Sur 11.0 Beta💾
🎁Logos 7 Portfolio🎁 Logos 9 Reformed Silver🎁
⌨Logos 9 Full Feature Upgrade⌨

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2016 7:52 AM

Mark Smith:

Andrew Zoll:
I just had "Supernatural" and its companion study guide by Michael Heiser appear in my library.

I will refrain from the obvious answer.

However, I, too, find it is in my library, and have no 'normal' explanation for its appearance

Many are called, but few are chosen.  I don't have it.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2016 8:12 AM

George Somsel:

Are you a follower of the group? https://faithlife.com/faithlife-free-book/activity 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2016 8:15 AM

Yasmin Stephen:

George Somsel:

Are you a follower of the group? https://faithlife.com/faithlife-free-book/activity 

I'm not sure — I'll have to check.  Normally I'm not a groupie.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2016 8:37 AM

Yasmin Stephen:

George Somsel:

I did an "update resources" and now have it.  I leave Logos open and only update when I expect something.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2016 9:08 AM

George Somsel:

Normally I'm not a groupie.

I was expecting something like this from you Smile

George Somsel:

I did an "update resources" and now have it.

Yes

Posts 10746
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2016 3:16 PM

George Somsel:
I did an "update resources" and now have it.

Good that you are part of the Group(ie) Stick out tongue

Posts 107
LogosEmployee
Dustin Masters | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2016 5:18 PM

Yep! This is a promotion running in the Faithlife Free Book group. However, an important note to clarify - this month is different. Supernatural is only available for free access during this month. When May hits, you'll need to purchase it to continue reading. 

If this comes as a surprise and you don't want the free book access, you can leave the group (or send me a message and I can remove you)

Posts 982
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 3 2016 5:01 PM

Dustin Masters:
If this comes as a surprise

Given that this is the Faithlife Free Book group I would think it would be a surprise to the vast majority of people. What makes you think it wouldn't be?

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 5:03 AM

Dustin Masters:

Yep! This is a promotion running in the Faithlife Free Book group. However, an important note to clarify - this month is different. Supernatural is only available for free access during this month. When May hits, you'll need to purchase it to continue reading. 

If this comes as a surprise and you don't want the free book access, you can leave the group (or send me a message and I can remove you)

So the free book of the month club is now free book access for a month club :-) 

Posts 10746
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 4:11 PM

Dustin Masters:

If this is a one-time occurrence, then I can live with it. However, if this is a permanent change to "free book of the month," count me out. This is very close to a broken promise—or maybe it is more than close.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 4:54 PM

Jack Caviness:

Dustin Masters:

If this is a one-time occurrence, then I can live with it. However, if this is a permanent change to "free book of the month," count me out. This is very close to a broken promise—or maybe it is more than close.

I agree.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 5:00 PM

Jack Caviness:

Dustin Masters:

Whether it is for 30 days or permanent, it is a gift.  We are not owed this.  Just be thankful for it.  BTW:  I can read most books in 30 days.

george
gfsomsel

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS