Logos 6 Installation Issues

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 77
Michael R. Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 2 2016 2:08 PM

I'm loading Logos 6 onto a brand-new MacBook Pro running El Capitan (256 GB SSD/8 GB memory). It downloaded the first 63% with no problem then it bogged down and started eating up CPU and memory. The most recent 5 or 6% has taken as long as the first 20% did (the number of volumes updated has not changed in over an hour). I do have almost 5,000 volumes in my library so I understand that it will take a while (and I am running a high-speed connection, as suggested) but I don't think I'm being unreasonable to expect the final 40% to go as quickly as the first 60%. I'm afraid to force quit, though, because I'm afraid it won't download the rest of my library.

Of course, most of the resources that I need to use have not been downloaded yet and since Logos does not give me the option of selecting what I want/need to download first, I am stuck sitting and waiting for it to download at a rate of about 2% an hour.

As much as I try to remain positive about Logos' product, if I had it to do over again I don't know that I would invest in Logos (or at least, not 5K volumes worth!) as this is simply the last in a long line of issues with Logos. When it works it is amazing, but getting it to work as expected is sometimes a roll of the dice.

Posts 77
Michael R. Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2016 2:18 PM

UPDATE: It was the "LogosCEF" function that was eating up my CPU and memory. I did a Force Quit to that process but not to the Logos 6 app itself. It doesn't seem to be running any faster. At this rate, it might be next week before I actually get to use it.

Posts 77
Michael R. Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2016 2:32 PM

UPDATE 2: I Quit Logos and reopened it and now the download is sailing! I downloaded 23% of the remaining 5.66 GB in the first ten minutes.

Posts 29046
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2016 2:35 PM

If you have a previous installation, see this thread: https://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_Multiple_Macs#Copy_Logos_Resources_to_Mac_OS_X 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS