Page 1 of 3 (48 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 47 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 149
Robert Dean, Jr | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 5 2016 2:17 PM

I had Logos 6 Beta open earlier and saw there was an update. When I quit, I cannot get the program to reopen at all. I have rebooted my Mac three times, to no avail.

What is my next step?

Robert Dean

Posts 149
Robert Dean, Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 5 2016 2:21 PM

When I attempt to open, only Logos and Edit menus show in the menu bar. When I click on Logos, four drop down options appear, all are "Untitled." I am running a MacBook pro OSX 10.11.1

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 5 2016 3:14 PM

One suggestion is using Apple Store to update OS X since 10.11.4 includes graphic driver updates => https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206167

Humanly would like to look at Logos diagnostic log files => https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/mac/report-problem (please use paper clip to attach log files)

Manual update of Logos 6 application could be done using Mac link in => *IMPORTANT* Beta Testing Information/Warnings

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 149
Posts 149
Robert Dean, Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 5 2016 3:37 PM

I haven't a clue what to do once I got to the Apple support page.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 5 2016 4:18 PM

Robert Dean, Jr:

I haven't a clue what to do once I got to the Apple support page.

Suggest using Mac App Store to install OS X Updates => https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201541

FYI: Apple Support has list of Security Updates => https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201222 that shows OS X 10.11.4 was released on 21 Mar 2016

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 29267
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 5 2016 5:10 PM

Robert Dean, Jr:

When I attempt to open, only Logos and Edit menus show in the menu bar. When I click on Logos, four drop down options appear, all are "Untitled." I am running a MacBook pro OSX 10.11.1

This sounds like an issue from half a year ago. I'm not near a computer to read your logs. What version were you using?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 149
Robert Dean, Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 3:57 AM

Any thoughts on reinstalling Logos would be greatly appreciated. I am leaving on a 3 day Bible conference this morning, and will need to reinstall when I arrive this afternoon.

Posts 149
Robert Dean, Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 3:59 AM

I have the latest beta update before the one that messed up yesterday

Posts 29267
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 4:52 AM

did you simply delete the engine, download the newest one and reinstall? Everything else is left in place. 

Posts 11643
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 5:18 AM

Robert Dean, Jr:

I had Logos 6 Beta open earlier and saw there was an update. When I quit, I cannot get the program to reopen at all. I have rebooted my Mac three times, to no avail.

What is my next step?

I'm not a Mac person, but since it seems those were not able to help you immediately, I'll just share my thoughts:

What you describe sounds compatible with observing a security feature that prevents recently changed programs from running / accessing the internet in order to curb malicious software. It could be that you need to tell your Mac OS or another security software on your machine that the new version of Logos is "safe" (my PC is secured by McAfee and I have to grant internet access to each new Logos beta version anew).  

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 149
Robert Dean, Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 6:10 AM

Let's please make this simple. Please give me the link to reinstall. It's been a long time since I last did that so I don't remember off the top or bottom of my head what the steps are to reinstall. 

Posts 24537
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 6:32 AM

Robert Dean, Jr:
Please give me the link to reinstall.

Links to reinstall the beta version are at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/52967.aspx 

Links to install the stable version are at https://www.logos.com/install 

Please note that if you have had the beta version installed you can't just install the stable version over it. You would need to remove the existing files from your disk first.

Posts 149
Robert Dean, Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 6:48 AM

Thanks Graham. Do i need to uninstall anything before I reinstall the beta?

Posts 24537
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 7:08 AM

Robert Dean, Jr:
Do i need to uninstall anything before I reinstall the beta?

No - you should be fine.

EDIT: On second thoughts I don't use the Mac platform so may be best to wait till someone who does comments on whether anything needs to be done first.

Posts 304
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 7:12 AM

Robert,

Can you upload your error database which can be found at "/Users/rldeanjr/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/f0lmhe5x.yrg/Errors/Application/ErrorReportManager.db"? You can then delete that file and it should allow the application to launch successfully.

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 29267
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 7:26 AM

Martin Potter:
You can then delete that file and it should allow the application to launch successfully.

I certainly hope this isn't a revisit to the problem from last year. Tongue Tied

Posts 149
Robert Dean, Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 11:41 AM

When I go to rldeanjr (home) there is no "Library" folder

Posts 149
Robert Dean, Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 12:01 PM

Martin. That did not work. I leave on my next flight and will be online again around 2:45 pacific time

Page 1 of 3 (48 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS