Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 47 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 149
Robert Dean, Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2016 12:04 PM

I'm on the West Coast, pacific time. I will be tied up from 1-2:30, but available the rest of the time until about 6 pm

Posts 29271
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2016 12:24 PM

Martin - For his sake, can you redact Robert's phone number after you have it down? 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 304
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2016 1:06 PM

Robert Dean, Jr:

I'm on the West Coast, pacific time. I will be tied up from 1-2:30, but available the rest of the time until about 6 pm

If 3:00pm Pacific time works for you, I will plan on having Tommy and myself call you at that time.

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2016 1:21 PM

Martin Potter:
If you open Terminal as Keep Smiling 4 Jesus said, you can type/paste (without the quotes) "sudo chown -R rldeanjr ~/Library/Application\ Support/Logos4" into Terminal, press enter and it will ask you for your password.

Embarrassed Terminal command for root to change ownership and group of rldeanjr's Logos4 folder should be:

sudo chown -R rldeanjr:staff /Users/rldeanjr/Library/Application\ Support/Logos4

FYI: when sudo (super user do) command is used, current user becomes root so ~/Library resolves to /var/root/Library (since Logos4 should not exist in /var/root/Library/Application Support folder, no harm should have been done from previous command).  List output shows 501 for group, which happens when group for number 501 does not exist.  First user created on OS X has default number of 501 along with default group of staff (20).

After changing rldeanjr's Logos4 folder ownership and group, please run list command:

ls -la  ~/Library/Application\ Support/Logos4

Suspect folder permissions modification would be appropriate (since Logging had 744 permissions)

chmod -R 755 /Users/rldeanjr/Library/Application\ Support/Logos4

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 304
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2016 1:27 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
FYI: when sudo (super user do) command is used, current user becomes root so ~/Library resolves to /var/root/Library (since Logos4 should not exist in /var/root/Library/Application Support folder, no harm should have been done from previous command).

The ~ should be resolved before elevation due to the sudo command (it does on 10.11 and prior) so the command given was correct. This can be trivially verified with sudo echo ~.

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2016 3:11 PM

Martin Potter:

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
FYI: when sudo (super user do) command is used, current user becomes root so ~/Library resolves to /var/root/Library (since Logos4 should not exist in /var/root/Library/Application Support folder, no harm should have been done from previous command).

The ~ should be resolved before elevation due to the sudo command (it does on 10.11 and prior) so the command given was correct. This can be trivially verified with sudo echo ~.

Thanks; using OS X 10.10.5 trivial elevation showed user path for ~ (along with sudo whoami showing root).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 149
Robert Dean, Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2016 3:27 PM

Sorry, I was at a lunch meeting that lasted much longer than I anticipated. I am now once again available until 6 pm

Posts 149
Robert Dean, Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2016 8:59 PM

Thanks for all of your help Martin, and Keep Smiling 4 Jesus:)!!!!! All has been restored and seemed to be functional.  Thank you so much!!!

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS