WIFI drops

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Posts 129
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 9 2016 10:21 AM

This is kind of Logos related because Logos Now operates in the Cloud.  I have a Dell Vostro 470, 10 GB memory, 500 GB SSD, operating Windows 7 Professional.  Seven days ago the Wifi disconnects.  It doesn't on my iPhone or iPad.  Thought I had a bad card so I went and got a NetGear Wireless USB, installed it and after about 12 hourse it has lost connection again.

If I attempt to shut down and restart, it continues to shut down but never does.  I finally power off and power back on and everything it fine, Wifi connects and good to go, until the next time.

If I restart it doesn't have to be manually shut down. It restarts and the Wifi is working.

I would appreciate any help.

Posts 61
Dean Stow | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2016 11:13 AM

We have had some strange occurrences like this at work.  We eventually solved them by getting a different WiFi access point.  You might look into upgrading the firmware on the device that provide WiFi or perhaps replacing it.  

I know that is not a satisfying answer, but it may be easier (and cheaper considering your time) than fighting the WiFi drivers or Windows updates (which likely instigated the problem) on your laptop.

Dean

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS