Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 126
Jared Schwyhart | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 9 2016 9:02 PM

I added a background image on a Content item. I checked the Image Blur option.

The background image was duplicated. The original image wasn't changed at all. the duplicate was layered on top and was blurred out. It was also much bigger in scale.

I'm using the latest version of Proclaim on the latest OSX.

7762.BlurError.tiff

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 10 2016 6:14 AM

Hard to tell from your image (it looks like the original has some parts covered as part of the design - the 'S' in middle "Coming Soon"), but I believe this is working as designed. Can you attach the original image?

We enlarge the image to fill your current aspect ratio and blur that image, then apply the original (un blurred) image on top, according to your image alignment layout - left, right, top, bottom or center (the default and best for image blurring). We did a Monday Minute not long ago when we first released these options here: http://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/207788226-Fill-Options-for-Custom-Background-Images

Here is an example of my sons bmx bicycle, you can see the original image is clear and centered and you only see the blurring of the enlarged image on the left and right.

Posts 126
Jared Schwyhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 24 2016 1:16 PM

The original image: http://www.ylakeland.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/coming-soon.jpg

In Proclaim, all I did was check the 'Image Blur' option. The result is the attached image in my original post. 

Posts 126
Jared Schwyhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 24 2016 1:21 PM

So, it is meant to do this? 

This is just my opinion, but I think it'd be best if it didn't duplicate the image. If the 'Image Blur' option is checked, all it does is blur the image. Maybe have another checkbox that says 'Image Blur & Duplicate. 

What I'd like to do, without going into Photoshop, is to blur the image and place text on top. I blurred the image so that the text is more legible. 

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2016 10:33 AM

Jared Schwyhart:

So, it is meant to do this? 

This is just my opinion, but I think it'd be best if it didn't duplicate the image. If the 'Image Blur' option is checked, all it does is blur the image. Maybe have another checkbox that says 'Image Blur & Duplicate. 

What I'd like to do, without going into Photoshop, is to blur the image and place text on top. I blurred the image so that the text is more legible. 

Jared, this behavior is by design. The settings in this popup are related to the layout and background fill for the image. Today the best option for the scenario you describe is to edit the image outside of Proclaim.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS