NC Logos Users Group

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 62
Mike T | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 25 2010 5:15 PM

Since this has always been "buried" under a different title, and not everyone from North Carolina may have read the other thread, I'm creating a new topic here...

We are organizing a new NC Logos Users Group, and are planning the first meeting on March 20th, at Starmount Forest Country Club in Greensboro.  The meeting is planned for 11-2, with a working lunch on site.  We would like to invite anyone in the area to come join us.  Directions to Starmount can be found here:

http://starmountforest.com/viewCustomPage.aspx?id=5

I will need a headcount by March 13th.  If anyone would like to join us, please post on this thread so that we will know that you are coming.

Jack, have you heard back from Morris yet?  I did an internet search and found a couple more that are interested in attending...  Any other ideas to let others know about the group would be appreciated.

Mike

Posts 54
Fred T Daniel Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2010 9:09 PM

I will be there unless providentially hindered!!!  Looking forward to it!

Posts 40
Joe Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2010 9:33 PM

I'm in.  11-2.  joe

Posts 2758
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 10:40 AM

should be there!

Posts 10734
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 10:55 AM

Michael:
Jack, have you heard back from Morris yet?  I did an internet search and found a couple more that are interested in attending...  Any other ideas to let others know about the group would be appreciated.

Just checked my email 5 minutes ago and found this message from David Kitchen:

 

Jack,

That's great! We hope that the User group will continue to further the

knowledge you (hopefully) obtained at Camp.

I will put a blog up, but I would also love to send an e-mail blast to

everyone who attended the NC camp.

When I do send out an email to the NC alumni, can I give your e-mail address

(and phone number if you wish) as a person to contact for more info?

Please let me know when you have everything "ironed out."

Thanks!

David Kitchen

Marketing, Alumni Director

Unless someone else wants to be the contact person, I will send my email and phone #.

I gave up waiting for Kevin to buy me a laptop and ordered a Mac Book Pro yesterday. Big Smile

 

Posts 62
Mike T | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 11:14 AM

Jack Caviness:

When I do send out an email to the NC alumni, can I give your e-mail address

(and phone number if you wish) as a person to contact for more info?

If you want to be the contact person, that's fine with me...  but it is a bit awkward communicating everything through the forum...  My e-mail address is mlt333@hotmail.com, if you want to switch to a more conventional communication.

Mike

Posts 2758
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 11:16 AM

Jack Caviness:
I gave up waiting for Kevin to buy me a laptop and ordered a Mac Book Pro yesterday.

Oh! That's a shame. I'll just take this one back then. Big Smile

Posts 10734
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 1:07 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Jack Caviness:
I gave up waiting for Kevin to buy me a laptop and ordered a Mac Book Pro yesterday.

Oh! That's a shame. I'll just take this one back then. Big Smile

My wife said to tell you that mine had not arrived yet. I could cancel. But, then, you probably purchased a Windows box Geeked. Thanks anyway.

Posts 10734
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 12:39 PM

I sent the contact info message to MP Seminars, so we should see an announcement early next week. 

Posts 40
Joe Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 9 2010 8:38 PM

we still on?

Posts 62
Mike T | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 12:51 AM

Absolutely...  Jack, any word from MP regarding an announcement to program participants?

Posts 10734
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 8:30 AM

Michael:

Absolutely...  Jack, any word from MP regarding an announcement to program participants?

Nothing. I will send David a message and see what happened.

Posts 2758
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 12:50 PM

Haven't heard much about this.

Do we have an official plan or just show up and hang out and see what happens?

If not, then what should we come prepared to do?

Posts 62
Mike T | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 1:43 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Haven't heard much about this.

Do we have an official plan or just show up and hang out and see what happens?

If not, then what should we come prepared to do?

I have been thinking about this, too...   Since no e-mail was sent to the MP Seminar participants, we will be a small group on Saturday.  I would propose the following for our meeting:

-  Introductions - who we are, what we do, etc.

-  Lunch

-  LUG - What we would like to accomplish through a user's group, how we could contact others that might be interested, etc.

-  Logos - how we use it, problems, tips, etc.

I'm open to anything else, these are just my initial thoughts.  Working through the forum is cumbersome, though.  If everyone will send me their e-mail addresses (mine is posted above), we can finalize planning more efficiently.

 

Posts 54
Fred T Daniel Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 2:32 PM

I am also interested in:

Getting organized for future meetings

Learning what others are finding most effective use of logos 4

Q & A time to get help, if others know

Fred - ftdbbc@aol.com

Posts 10734
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 12:43 PM

Michael:
Since no e-mail was sent to the MP Seminar participants, we will be a small group on Saturday.

I never heard back from David Kitchen. Perhaps I can get a better response from MP seminars before our next meeting. I like the suggestions made by you and Fred. My email is jackcav at triad dot rr dot com or jackcaviness at mac dot com (Of course, Kevin would be philosophically opposed to the latter address).

Posts 2758
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 1:50 PM

Jack Caviness:
(Of course, Kevin would be philosophically opposed to the latter address)

I like mac and cheese. No opposition from me?

I cannot remember - maybe it is above this - but is it BYOL or was someone looking into having food brought it and we pay there. If so how much?

Posts 62
Mike T | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 2:21 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Jack Caviness:
(Of course, Kevin would be philosophically opposed to the latter address)

I like mac and cheese. No opposition from me?

I cannot remember - maybe it is above this - but is it BYOL or was someone looking into having food brought it and we pay there. If so how much?

Someone suggested earlier that we eat at the club...  Send me your e-mail address and I will forward a menu.  Or we can decide once we get there...

Posts 10734
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 7:23 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

I like mac and cheese.

It sure does gum up the keyboard. See you Saturday. I can handle lunch anyway ya'll want to handle it.

Posts 2758
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 2:30 PM

Unless there is some reason we would need to pre-order, why not just wait till we get there. Easier for you too..

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS