BUG: Extra spaces within pasted text, but ok after paste reference

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 11 2016 8:56 AM

Noticed something weird. Copy reference and paste into Word and a Notes Document. No problem. Copy the text and paste, and there are extra spaces where I have AOG. The attached screenshot is large, but should include enough information.

Posts 25343
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 9:21 AM

How are you doing the Copy and Paste?

It looks as though you are using the Copy Bible Verses tool for the reference copy. Is that correct?

How about for the "text copy"?

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 9:36 AM

For both I'm selecting the text and right-clicking. When I say "reference," I mean selecting Rom 12:1-2 (reference). When I say "text," I mean selecting "selection," the bit of text it shows.

Posts 25343
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 9:40 AM

Zak Metz:

For both I'm selecting the text and right-clicking. When I say "reference," I mean selecting Rom 12:1-2 (reference). When I say "text," I mean selecting "selection," the bit of text it shows.

And then you are just selecting "Copy" from the left-hand side of the context menu and then pasting into your note?

Sorry to be picky but I can't reproduce what you are seeing and so want to be sure we are doing exactly the same thing.

What version of Logos SW are you using?

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 9:44 AM

Yes that is correct. If I select reference and copy, then paste into my note (or Word), all is fine. If I select selection and copy, then paste into my note (or Word), the extra space appears where AOG is. AOG is a label. This screen shot shows its attributes.

Posts 25343
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 10:12 AM

Zak Metz:
. If I select selection and copy, then paste into my note (or Word), the extra space appears where AOG is. AOG is a label.

Sorry I hadn't understand what AOG was

Presumably if you copy / paste text which doesn't have that (or a similar label) you don't get the extra spaces?

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 10:16 AM

Looks like it may be related to "text before" highlighters. Here's the same problem with my numbered highlights.

Posts 25343
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 10:18 AM

Zak Metz:
Looks like it may be related to "text before" highlighters

That's helpful.

Hopefully someone from Faithlife will be able to comment on this

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS